.21 rigger with nova DD question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to shorten the pipe or add cup to the prop........maybe both
Word !!

i would stick with the 1445 and try to work with it due to it's mellow handling characteristics . you go up in Dia. and you may torque the boat around JMHO .
Use 1445!!!! Win more races!
default_smile.png

I ran 1445 with added cupped (i never measured the pitch just bent until happy) 7" - 7-1/8" and even 6-7/8".
default_smile.png
but this was on a mac.

like Andy said, win races with that prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it is under prop.Max on RPM'S and not pulling any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
"the way it accelerates you would think it was gonna rev to the moon but it kinda lays down like it hits a wall,I would guess by listening to it that the RPM's fall just a little around half track"

He said it didn't just stop accelerating, the RPM's fall off at 1/2 track.

Hmmm, what oh what could that be?
default_rolleyes.gif

I've had a similar situation, if not the exact same thing happen with my .21 hydro. Coming off the turns it's strong and part way down the straight it acts like there's a governor on the motor. The R's don't seem to drop but level off and the boat doesn't accelerate any further. I've limited the cooling on my boat for a long time as I find it helps to burn fuel, which relates to horsepower. My solution has been to add cup or essentially more prop. That's just what works for me. Try both but be careful with the needle setting if you are restricting the flow of water. Lean needle and not enough cooling will destroy an engine in short order.

Thanks for the input everyone. It's doing the same thing Ron mentioned, it just seems to hit a wall, i may be wrong saying its dropping off in rpm's because it sounds so strong up to that point that it gives you a false sense that its falling off in rpm because just like Ron said it sounds like it hits a governor. The head clearance is set at .006 and the engine has never burnt a plug. Don't get me wrong it runs good, my son Zack got it in the top 6 this weekend and after barely jumping the start in the first main came around to finish second, but it would be nice to get it to pull more RPM's and MPH. I know putting a Orlic head button on it would help like it has with our nova outboard engines.

try pitching it up and giving it more fuel. had the same thing with a keep 21. Mr Quarles set me straight on that one.

Rich,

Did you ever solve the problem?

Top six at the race was a Very Good Boat.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark

Rich,

Did you ever solve the problem?

Top six at the race was a Very Good Boat.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark
Hi Mark. I didn't have much time before the race to test any big changes but the boat ran well at the race, I am going to test with the pipe shorter and reduce the water some more, i would like to try some more props as well, if you have any you could do up for me i would be happy to buy a few from you. Thanks

Back