• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.21 Rigger for sale or trade

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Byer

I'd like to sell a good .21 rigger that I have had for a couple years and raced a little last year. Complete hull and hardware, less power and less all radio equipment. It has a solid engine mount drilled for a Novarossi and is setup for a 3rd channel fuel needle. Sponson tubes are carbon. Includes a drive line and a plastic fuel tank, just switch a few of your pieces over from your rigger and run. The story that I remember about this boat is that it was built by Frank Orlic, I never asked Frank about this, but it is very tidy and looks like something he might have done. I ran it in a couple of our NC state series races last year and ended up 3rd in the points. It's a good little heat racer, and will run about as fast as any with the right engine. 175.00 shipped in the lower 48/ interesting trades.

thanks,

Mike

p1010537.jpg

p1010538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, That looks for all the world like the one I have. Done by a guy named Rick Tomsett up in Canada. Kind of unconventioal, real small front sponsons? Mine is natural Done in cedar if you can believe that. You are right though handles great and is plenty fast.

the perfect trade would be a new speedmaster 21, but anything of equal value, that I don't already have too many of would work to.

Mike

Kevin_R_Clark said:
Wow, That looks for all the world like the one I have. Done by a guy named Rick Tomsett up in Canada. Kind of unconventioal, real small front sponsons? Mine is natural Done in cedar if you can believe that. You are right though handles great and is plenty fast.
Hi Kevin, you made me courious, who is Rick Tomsett, where is he from.The boat

Mike has is definitely mine, it still has the original turnfin. There were only two boats like this built by my. I think i still have plans for it. It sure has been a while since I have seen it last time.

Advanced Racing Tech

Frank

Frank,

Interestingly enough there are only 2 of these boats. The pics are of the one that Rick still has. The one I have has rear sponsons and does not have any paint all wood and nicely done. The one in the pic is for sale if he still has it. I do not remember where in Canada he is located- Ontario I think, 250 area code. Rick has been out of boating for a while, says these boats are 5 or so years old. He now races and builds R/c Cars. Oh- Yeah the boats weigh in at an unbelievable 3lbs 5 and 3/4oz for the one in the picture and mine is just a touch heavier.

Hi Mike,

I put the boat together and sold it to you. The boat was built by Frank several years ago. I bought the boat from Henry Green. I had to replace the boom tubes because it had very small Alum tubes and they broke on the first run. With a good motor, the boat is very fast. Bill

I'm glad you said that Bill, I wanted to say that I got from you, but I couldn't remember for sure. I'd have to say that it's the nicest used boat I have ever bought, just like you said.

Mike

Mike & Others,

I would like to appologize for Posting on your for-sale Post. Sorry it was rude and I should have started my own post with the pics. Kevin

Latest posts

Back