.21 Outrigger options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
What is out there for obtainable .21 Outriggers? Blackbird, Viper, SGX Is there more? I am looking for kits or built hulls.

Anything is really obtainable if you got the $..... ;) Question is, what do you want? Whats your budget? New or Used? If you really want people to just name hulls, that can be done, but I dont think it will help much. Start out by giving us some clues on what your ARE lookin for in a boat and what you are NOT lookin for. So with that being said, what do you consider attainable? Not trying to play with your words or anything. Just trying to narrow down this search cause heres whats going to happen; 10 people are going to tell you about 10 different boats. If you look hard enough or pay enough, almost anything is attainable. So, where do we start? Blackbird, Eagle SGX, Roadrunner, Hawk, Ninja(awesome one 4 sale right now), FireFighter, Cajun Bullett, Taipan, etc. This short list contains $89 kits and $700+ Prebuilt kits. Across the spectrum if used. So Ill start with my opinion if money isnt in play. I think the best prebuilt boat to buy new is the Blackbird (duh) or if you can get your hands on one, a well built Ninja(like Garretts) which you can only buy used or second hand. Both eagles and roadrunners are good boats, but havent had any success in my district lately. If you really want to build, I would say go scratch, but for a kit, both the FF21 and the Hawk(with some simple changes) can both be competitive. But my opinions mean nothing without a good motor, setup, and prop. Ive seen some $89 hawks walk on these high dollar boats. My best recomendation is just buying what you want, not what some stranger tells you is the best. Nothing is really "the best." Its all relative. Best deal on this website is that ninja IMHO, or have Chris Wood build you a Blackbird if you cant find a mint used one. Well I just turned this into an essay. lol.

Larry Jr.

:) COOL Mark! That would bring us up to three to make a heat, and then maybe the two that only come out for the radar gun, will race theirs too!

Larry

And don't forget the Blackjack.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
:) COOL Mark! That would bring us up to three to make a heat, and then maybe the two that only come out for the radar gun, will race theirs too!Larry
you need to tell him about mine larry i want that baby gona so when the blackbird makes a landing in my shop it will be all by itself..lol

terry

:) COOL Mark! That would bring us up to three to make a heat, and then maybe the two that only come out for the radar gun, will race theirs too!Larry
My new hull for the 5 port .21 Novarossi may be a rigger. Or it could still be a sport 20 you never know with me. :D

My new hull for the 5 port .21 Novarossi may be a rigger. Or it could still be a sport 20 you never know with me. :D
It Don't matter to me which way you go! If you go stick boat I'll race you with a Blackbird! If you go sport hydro, I've got that covered with my PT SS 21, or a 20 Tuttle! :D

Larry

Latest posts

Back