21 GO Motors test

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran the GO's again yesterday. The tight motor is finally loosening up (7port) and the 5 port just gets better every run. Cooper pipe worked well and maybe .2 faster a lap than the Irwin but extra weight affected handling. Might try a shorter header on the Irwin that may be better. Races comming up within a month and well see what these motors do but I am very optomistic that we will be much faster than last year. Look for some surprises on STORM #1 Saturday timmed laps. Anyone considering buying a GO outboard they run great and very fast. I would consider lapping the piston in a bit before running as it takes a while to break them in. I believe the P/S's are cheap enough if you scew up. Maybe Mark will chime in with prices.

Mic

Mic,

Sounds like those engines are working out quite well. I have put off testing the cooper pipes on my tunnels because of the weight also...But I guess if I don't try them I'll never know what all the fuss is about.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back