• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.21 8-port turbo On-road engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

SH .21 8-port turbo On-road engine.

This is a well built engine with conservative timing. 168/125 and 60/40.

I used them for testing.

Easy to modify for inboard use.

Have four of them New in box.

$150 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
andy, do you know how it compares to a traxxas 3.3 trx revo/jato motor. got 1 of each.....just thinking :rolleyes: .lmk

Nothing personal to traxxas..but the 3.3 could have been a better motor, 8 ports on Andy's motor makes it a better basher. Andy, have you raised the timings up any on any of your test motor's? how well do they stack up to a 21 green head?

Yes they do, but if you source yourself a few K&B 3/16th collets and a OS flywheel with the cone machined down a tad they get plenty of thread contact, im running 4 motors like this with no issues

Nothing personal to traxxas..but the 3.3 could have been a better motor, 8 ports on Andy's motor makes it a better basher. Andy, have you raised the timings up any on any of your test motor's? how well do they stack up to a 21 green head?
no offense taken, bb. that's why i asked. newbie to nitro on road, got a revo 3.3 & a jato 3.3, do you know if it would be a "bolt in", or would adapters or something else be needed?

These were designed as .21 On-road engines in a normal sized .21 case. They are too conservative to compete with the Novarossi On-road engines but they proved to be great Off -road buggy engines. We had one racing on the Fla. Off road circuit for the better part of the season. It had great power everywhere. It had no issues and ran great until it finally lost its fit after 5-6 gallons of fuel.

BB mods, 8-ports as compared to 5 ports or 3 ports creates more top end rev out. Something that is very suitable for cars. Put together with the lower exhaust timing it creates an engin with great low end punch and amazing top end RPM.

It's far from a "Basher" design!

It's better than a green head. I may just keep them and put one in our .21 mono, just to prove it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
These were designed as .21 On-road engines in a normal sized .21 case. They are too conservative to compete with the Novarossi On-road engines but they proved to be great Off -road buggy engines. We had one racing on the Fla. Off road circuit for the better part of the season. It had great power everywhere. It had no issues and ran great until it finally lost its fit after 5-6 gallons of fuel.
BB mods, 8-ports as compared to 5 ports or 3 ports creates more top end rev out. Something that is very suitable for cars. Put together with the lower exhaust timing it creates an engin with great low end punch and amazing top end RPM.

It's far from a "Basher" design!

It's better than a green head. I may just keep them and put one in our .21 mono, just to prove it! ;)

The term basher was not used in that term, I was saying its a basher motor for the price (aka cheap next to a rossi or cmb)

Latest posts

Back