2016 "49th Annual Mini Gold Cup"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

I cannot make the trip down this weekend.

Can you scratch my A & B-Hydros for Sunday?

Family obligations are changing my plans, Bummer.

I Was Looking Forward To The Race,

Mark Sholund

49th running of the Mini Gold Cup.

Mother nature didnt cooperate with our race at all Sunday, we had a severe storm front attack us around 10am, followed by more high wind and rain throughout the day.

But we did have a good turn out, got in 3 rounds of "racing" ??? more like survival.

The OWMBC club would like to thank all who attended:

Chris Rupley for hot dogs and coney sauce and pickles.

The City of Burton for letting us use their Park facility

All the OWMBC members for getting the trailers,retrieve boat, ect set up and torn down for the event.

I will post some results at a later time.

Thanks Joe and Oakland Wolverines for getting us through the day. It was tough conditions, but we still had fun.

Thanks to Chris "Packo Hot Dogs" Rupley for the lunch!

Congrats to the Oakland Wolverines for persevering to pull off the race in nasty conditions. Also to "hot dog" Juice for the lunch. Great to see some racers from a few years ago. Congrats to Mike Betke for winning the Roger Hallam traveling Memorial trophy. Mike also received a keeper plaque.

Thanks OWMBC for a fun day and some good racing. Thanks Joe and Paula for manning the tower all day. Congrats to Mike Betke on winning the Roger Hallam Memorial Trophy. That thing is beautifull. That was the second year for the "Tony Packo" dogs and pickles. Gonna do it again next year. I wish the Hallam's would have brought some boats but it was good to see the crew. I can't believe how big Robin and Steve's boys are. I think they are using miracle grow

Thank you to Joe, Paula and the rest of the O.W.M.R.B.A. for hanging in there and getting us through a really tough weather day safely. The Tony Packo hot dogs bring back great memories of the Toledo Show in years past, thanks Chris. Kudos to Mike Betke for winning the "Roger Hallam Memorial Trophy!

John

that was a slugfest. those water conditions scaled up would break a full-size Unlimited or offshore cat in half.

Latest posts

Back