2013 New Riggers, Let's see um!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who will win ?

CMB VS NR46 powered JAEs? It's a long winter here in Alaska but our lakes are within a few days of going out. Our small club does not have alot of members but we have alot of boats and they are fast. Last summer Rod took the fast boat award with a speed of 104 mph ( GPS) with a SGX Hydro. Charlie and Rod both led the pack with consistant 80MPH oval speeds with the rest of us trying to catch up. This summer should be even better with new motors, props and most of all Charlies engine mod work which he shares with us all. Charlie is a Jewler and perfection is his trade. If you come to Alaska look us up!!
Timothy, the boats look great! You will want to get rid of most of the water cooling on the Nova! You will never get it to burn enough fuel if you don't let it make some haanyeat! But when you do, HOLD on to your hat!

GQ
Glenn any ideas on what the guys are doing to cut down the water flow and our water tem is mid 40s to mid 60s thanks Charlie
Charlie, I just run an inline needle valve in my water line down by the rudder. You won't need much (if any) water if it is that cold up there still.

GQ
We still have about a foot of ice at the pond yet and it snowed today!

The ice just went out around here last week. This one will be ready when the water warms up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran my new Novarossi .46 DD powered JAE for the first time tonight and all i can say is WOW! I ran a few break-in tanks on the shore and then threw the boat out there with a 1457 really rich and it literally popped a wheelie and took off like a rocket ship. Unbelievable! I just set the thing up per the threads I found on this site and Joe sent me the longer ski this winter with less AOA then the one that originally came with the kit. I can't wait to see what happens once it's broken in and I can lean it out a little!

45JAE.jpg

Greg your boat looks awesome!! Can you give us some details such as : did you restrict the cooling, what percent nitro, pipe length and if you used a flow meter what reading if not was the needle close to the out of the box setting. Thanks Tim

Sweet lookin' twin Larry! Looks like CMB's to me RP - the rotor housings and carbs are pointing the wrong way for Mac's......

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg your boat looks awesome!! Can you give us some details such as : did you restrict the cooling, what percent nitro, pipe length and if you used a flow meter what reading if not was the needle close to the out of the box setting. Thanks Tim
Thanks Tim! It was rich but I am not sure how much in relation to its factory settings as I was adjusting the needle while breaking it in on the bench. I ran 50% home brew and pipe was at 9 1/4". I did not restrict the cooling but I noticed later that at some point my water cooling system had failed. I plan on testing different amounts of cooling this weekend.

Thanks Greg, I see you are in the N East so we may have some similar conditions. Thanks for the info. Tim
I am in Minneapolis so very similar conditions to Alaska. It was snowing here last week. I just saw your JAE's a few posts back and they are very nice as well! Let us know how they run when it finally thaws out up there.

Thanks Tim! It was rich but I am not sure how much in relation to its factory settings as I was adjusting the needle while breaking it in on the bench. I ran 50% home brew and pipe was at 9 1/4". I did not restrict the cooling but I noticed later that at some point my water cooling system had failed. I plan on testing different amounts of cooling this weekend.
Looks nice and fast:) What cowl is that Greg??

Looks nice and fast:) What cowl is that Greg??
It is a modified David Pruesse cowl. I mounted the motor on a slight angle to reduce the amount of S bend in the shaft but that raised the carb to the point where I felt it was to close to the cowl. To make it work I cut the back half of the cowl off and used the triangle shaped part of the original ski to raise up the cowl so it was further away from the carb.

Back