2013 New Riggers, Let's see um!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Greg and thanks for your help . I didn't get to run the boat this weekend as I had to take my 5yr old son biking as I promised and the lake is a bit far away. I managed to fly my rc plane at my nearby local club which was fun though. I can't wait to get the boat down to the water. Next Saturday it is a definite. Last week after the help on here, I took time to look at the carb I can see exactly what I did wrong. I already had factory settings then turned the main needle out 1.5 turns so when I tried full throttle it was ridiculously rich so immediately stopped the engine. What I now realise i was doing was tuning it on the idle needle. Silly me. I didn't realise that the main needle could move independently from the RC needle arm and was already set. I had wrongly assumed the instructions were wrong with the engine.

No other model including helis and planes or mono boats have given me as much fun as running the JAE21 last time and I can't wait to get back to the lake with it! I can see why riggers are so popular! I never realised boats can go so fast and yet corner like they are on rails.

New to me a 20 BlackBird gen 1 looking for a gen 2 but this is nice enough only a little damage on right sponson.

My new E/F SAW boat ready to get wet this weekend in Flint!

DSCN1879.JPG

DSCN1886.JPG

Same hull I've been working with, just 6" longer:

DSCN1889.JPG

Here's my return to nitro after about 25 years away.

It's the same hull as my FE Raptor, with a few mods to fit the nitro gear.

All vacuum bagged carbon. 3 pounds 13 ounces ready to get wet and seriously overbuilt.

If it runs anywhere near as well as the FE version, it should be pretty good.

DSCF6719.JPG

Terry, Another great looking rigger! Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend. I am going to tell Mikey to make sure he sees that throttle stick say at WOT for at least 3 seconds! TG

First day runnin the jae minisprint on 2 cells, 40a esc, and home built brushless motor. Third run on this pack before it dumps. 3 cells next....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who will win ?

CMB VS NR46 powered JAEs? It's a long winter here in Alaska but our lakes are within a few days of going out. Our small club does not have alot of members but we have alot of boats and they are fast. Last summer Rod took the fast boat award with a speed of 104 mph ( GPS) with a SGX Hydro. Charlie and Rod both led the pack with consistant 80MPH oval speeds with the rest of us trying to catch up. This summer should be even better with new motors, props and most of all Charlies engine mod work which he shares with us all. Charlie is a Jewler and perfection is his trade. If you come to Alaska look us up!!

JAE 45 002.JPG

JAE 45 003.JPG

JAE 45 004.JPG

JAE 45 010.JPG

JAE 45 009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Who will win ?

CMB VS NR46 powered JAEs? It's a long winter here in Alaska but our lakes are within a few days of going out. Our small club does not have alot of members but we have alot of boats and they are fast. Last summer Rod took the fast boat award with a speed of 104 mph ( GPS) with a SGX Hydro. Charlie and Rod both led the pack with consistant 80MPH oval speeds with the rest of us trying to catch up. This summer should be even better with new motors, props and most of all Charlies engine mod work which he shares with us all. Charlie is a Jewler and perfection is his trade. If you come to Alaska look us up!!
Timothy, the boats look great! You will want to get rid of most of the water cooling on the Nova! You will never get it to burn enough fuel if you don't let it make some heat! But when you do, HOLD on to your hat!

GQ

Who will win ?

Timothy, the boats look great! You will want to get rid of most of the water cooling on the Nova! You will never get it to burn enough fuel if you don't let it make some haanyeat! But when you do, HOLD on to your hat!

GQ
Glenn any ideas on what the guys are doing to cut down the water flow and our water tem is mid 40s to mid 60s thanks Charlie

Charles,

Try some restrictors in the water line or water jacket.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark

Who will win ?

Timothy, the boats look great! You will want to get rid of most of the water cooling on the Nova! You will never get it to burn enough fuel if you don't let it make some haanyeat! But when you do, HOLD on to your hat!

GQ
Glenn any ideas on what the guys are doing to cut down the water flow and our water tem is mid 40s to mid 60s thanks Charlie
Charlie, I just run an inline needle valve in my water line down by the rudder. You won't need much (if any) water if it is that cold up there still.

GQ

Well, they're basically ready to go, have to shorten the pipes a bit (they are at 8" right now, going to shorten to about 7 1/2" for starters, thanks Mark) and finish S&B a few props to try, then just have to find some time to go tinker with them!

5.JPG

2.JPG

Latest posts

Back