2013 New Riggers, Let's see um!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeding some new life into a Twin I bought from Don Ferrette a few years ago . It gets a heart transplant and a new shaft oiling system and some paint work next week . Boat will run in F Hydro in Charleston .

2cgndk8.jpg

2cqh5ir.jpg
hi tom

do you have the carbs set up as one push and one pull???

im running vac as well and was wondering how to have push rods in the middle

i am also changing to os 9bs

cheers rick
Carbs are modified to be free rotating by the addition of a teflon spacer inside , removal of the spring and guide screw . Then the carb body is drilled and tapped for 4 - 4 - 40 screws to retain the barrel in the end . For all the trouble just use a double ended servo horn on the servo and have a push pull scenario , lot less work .

Nice setup Tom. Those needles and bases work very well with the .91VAC's. Steve Wood converted my carbs to eliminate the stop screws, and bored them out a bit when he set the engines up for my SGX-2.

Nice setup Tom. Those needles and bases work very well with the .91VAC's. Steve Wood converted my carbs to eliminate the stop screws, and bored them out a bit when he set the engines up for my SGX-2.
Thanks but the boat setup was from Don , I did the mounts and engines but still need to bore the barrels . It will run with the stock , radiused barrels in Charlie Town in Oct . and then i need to bore them out , or maybe Steve !!! :D

Leon,

Nice boats for sure. Can't wait until I have some more time to test mine.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

I finishing up the first carbon Gas Crapshooter. It was designed off of my twin 80 by Stu with the added help of Mark Grim. The boat came out really nice and God willing will run at the Fall Nats. I am running the new CMB 27. This new boat finished up the complete line of carbon Crapshooters. I will post some pics soon.

Special thanks to Mark Grim for a ton of help on this special one of a kind gas rigger project. Also extra special thanks to Mark Shouland for some awesome new props for my twin 80 Crapshooter.

Big Bird is flying low at a solid 91 mph on a 92 degree humid day. Cool dry conditions will put this bird well into the mid 90's. Fall Nats here we come.

Special thanks to Mark Grim for a ton of help on this special one of a kind gas rigger project. Also extra special thanks to Mark Shouland for some awesome new props for my twin 80 Crapshooter.

Big Bird is flying low at a solid 91 mph on a 92 degree humid day. Cool dry conditions will put this bird well into the mid 90's. Fall Nats here we come.
this was today with the latest set of props from sholund, i know most people here will not believe it, because either did i...but i was the one with the gun....never seen

a run like that...and yes the gun is calibrated :eek:

DSC00361.JPG

Ok, let me get this straight..90 mph on the pins, and hard hitting acceleration exiting??..or was it 90 degree weather and you guys were heat stroked and delusional, lol.

I finishing up the first carbon Gas Crapshooter. It was designed off of my twin 80 by Stu with the added help of Mark Grim. The boat came out really nice and God willing will run at the Fall Nats. I am running the new CMB 27. This new boat finished up the complete line of carbon Crapshooters. I will post some pics soon.
very nice boats these. Are these full carbon fibre layup? Are these (carbon fibre) available now from Stu?

Will try and race this boat sunday.... just finished tonight.... 3 1/4lbs

20131004_184753.jpg

20131004_184828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
3 and 1/4.... darn too heavy!

Let me know how it goes

How does the radio box look?

Back