2013 New Riggers, Let's see um!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really a rigger person,,, but I inherited this from Bob Johnson when he left Florida, going to Tejas.

I finished it up, ran it a few times in the raw.

Then Bob made me a swap offer I coudn't pass up. So, I spiffed it up with a fresh coat of paint, unfortunatly pictures never really capture the full color of in person

The clear was applied with a good amount of gold, flop to blue pearl dust.

The red color is a mixture of quit a few colors.

But anyway, here's my contribution to riggers for 2013

Oh yeh,, I guess I should tell ya, it's a Pinkert Coyote Sprint 45,, the sponsons are molded epoxy, filled with foam and top capped with ply.

https://ricksrcstuff...ictures/243#243

Disregard the first photo of the rudder assy.
Run that puppy, I can hear Chris now, inside lane 1, go go go. :D :lol:
Can't run-er now RRRay,,, it's on its way back to Bob,,,

Never really got-er dialed in,,Yes, it's an Octura Omni mount
I see. Is the Octura Omni mount rubber-isolated to the floor? I ask because I have the original Don Pinckert fabricated mount which employs aluminum mounting plates secured to the hard-wood base using rubber isolators. I'm thinking I'd wrather use a side-mounted, current type, isolated mount?
David,Don't know where your located,,, but if ya need help with paint, Let me know
I'm in southern Calif. What type of paint do you use Klass Kote?PicnkertCoyote_Rossi80_MotorMount_Oct1987_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really got-er dialed in,,Yes, it's an Octura Omni mount
I see. Is the Octura Omni mount rubber-isolated to the floor? I ask because I have the original Don Pinckert fabricated mount which employs aluminum mounting plates secured to the hard-wood base using rubber isolators. I'm thinking I'd wrather use a side-mounted, current type, isolated mount?
David,Don't know where your located,,, but if ya need help with paint, Let me know
I'm in southern Calif. What type of paint do you use Klass Kote?
David, The Octura Omni mount is a solid/rigid mount. if you are going to rubber mount your engine, I would go with a current production style mount. Just me though??

No, I've never used Klass Kote, back in the day I had used Hobby Poxy and K&B epoxy paint.

But today I use mostly Dupont Imron,, or Dupont Chroma-Base. I'm now using Nason (Dupont's shop line) as my clear coat

David, The Octura Omni mount is a solid/rigid mount. if you are going to rubber mount your engine, I would go with a current production style mount. Just me though??
yeah, I think I'd wrather go with a current side-mounted isolated mount too. Just a matter of doing all the physical placement. Not sure if it will be messy retro-fitting new mount to side-rails? Or just laminating the custom pre-fabricated Pinckert mount to the floor and going with it? I was thinking a newer side-mounted isolated mount would, more easily, allow for using other (newer/current) engines.
No, I've never used Klass Kote, back in the day I had used Hobby Poxy and K&B epoxy paint.But today I use mostly Dupont Imron,, or Dupont Chroma-Base. I'm now using Nason (Dupont's shop line) as my clear coat
very cool, Imron is the stuff. Maybe I will hit-you-up in a few months.
Also, did you fabricate epoxy-glass molds from the original Pinckert sponsons on your Coyote? Was this this your boat, or did you aquire it from someone else?

yeah, I think I'd wrather go with a current side-mounted isolated mount too. Just a matter of doing all the physical placement. Not sure if it will be messy retro-fitting new mount to side-rails? Or just laminating the custom pre-fabricated Pinckert mount to the floor and going with it? I was thinking a newer side-mounted isolated mount would, more easily, allow for using other (newer/current) engines.
No, I've never used Klass Kote, back in the day I had used Hobby Poxy and K&B epoxy paint.But today I use mostly Dupont Imron,, or Dupont Chroma-Base. I'm now using Nason (Dupont's shop line) as my clear coat
very cool, Imron is the stuff. Maybe I will hit-you-up in a few months.
Also, did you fabricate epoxy-glass molds from the original Pinckert sponsons on your Coyote? Was this this your boat, or did you aquire it from someone else?
I aquired it originally from Bob Johnson,, the epoxy glass sponsons are how he purchased the kit.

Started Building a New rigger today... Hope to have Pics to show of the finished boat in about 3 weeks.

Here's a pic of my new JAE Twin 45. Plan on having it's maiden voyage this Saturday - hope everything is properly finished.

Tom
Hey Tom are thoughs ops motors and when do we get to see a video later Charlie
Charlie,

Yes they are OPS 45's . Will post a video when it makes it around the pond! Had some miner engineering issues last weekend, all of which hopefully have been fixed. Will try again this weekend - can't wait to see what else goes south.

Tom

Yes they are OPS 45's . Will post a video when it makes it around the pond! Had some miner engineering issues last weekend, all of which hopefully have been fixed. Will try again this weekend - can't wait to see what else goes south
should be fast using two (new) OPS 45 marine engines.
What brand hardware are you using (strut's and rudder assy's)?

bob boat looks good and seems to handle nice, great video!! just a thought, try taking 1mm or 2 off the diameter of the props and u just might pick up a couple more mph, maybe mark can

chime in

Hi Bret,

Thanx for looking,thanx for the tip. It's is fun to drive, :) oh Mark did the props just the way I ask him. We were just having fun :) Enjoy your day

Twins rock

Hey Bob motors are out of sink pritty bad I had the same problem on my Evil twin 90 one of my needles were sucking air and wouldnt hold a tune . I changed from Andy Brown needles to OS max 9B needles and Im slill waiting on my motors to come in . I burned a hole on the inside motor with a similar tuning ishues . I did hit 90 though but it hurt!!! Dude your twins nice and looks great on the water Later Charlie oooops also get a flowmeter its going to help catch thoughs small glitches.

20120923_152914.jpg

Latest posts

Back