*** 2013 Atlanta Spring Nationals = April 13th & 14th (NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES) ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, I will hook you up in Offshore and send you a PM with payment details...

Thanks,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: Whats a Youngblood?????? It has always been SEADUCER?????????

A: When we first got into Youngblood monos were just getting going. Everyone else was running submerged or sub-surface drives w/ OPS & Rossi powerplants (mostly Twin-Crafts & Sigtlers). We had the surface drive Youngbloods w/ Picco to start and then Dad jumped on the CMB's after blowing a WHOLE BUNCH Piccos apart...

When I first got back into it in 2002 or so I dug out one of my old 38" Youngbloods and dropped a new Greenhead CMB .67 in it. I showed up at the Atlanta pond and Larry Kent said "that boat ain't gonna handle that engine"... I thought he was full of it... I soon found out he wasn't kidding!!! LOL

You are right Lamar. You were a kid back in those days with no fear!!!!!! Your Dad Don was always a hoot and a serious competitor. I think he ran a Sightler or Twincraft mono back in those days against the likes of Tony Psalmonds(spelling), Randy Dicks, John Finch, Larry Squires, Joe Lovelace, Ed and Barb Knudson, Steve Speas, the list goes on. I left in the mid 90's and just returned at that race two years ago. The Spring Nats has always been one of my favorite races. The nitro entries back then were close to 300 each race so I am glad to see the numbers coming back...... ;)

This is going to be a great race.
Ron you are correct on everything except the boats. Those were Youngbloods that the Huff family used to run. They used to carry a van full of them. That was when Lamar was running the kids category. That was when you used to come to Knoxville looking for some of the best tunnel boat racing around. Leecraft all the way.
Dang Jose,

You are exactly right. How could I have forgotten about the Youngbloods?????? You are also right about the Knoxville tunnel boat racing. You, me, Bob Davis, Terry Moore, Tommy Lee, Mike Rushing, Karl Sturm, Mike Talley, David Ashmore, and a pond full of LeeCraft 460 Tunnel Hulls. RC Tunnel racing doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!........ :)

...and then there was the night-time go cart racing after racing all day on the water!!! Leave it to me to pick the Dale Earnhardt #3 only to realize it was the slowest cart in the field. A right-hand reach-around to pull the throttle cable wide open fixed that problem. I passed every cart on the track in one lap to win!!

I think I was the only adult driver that was ever ejected from their race track!!!!!!!!..... :eek:

A tunnel hull heat in Knoxville with Bob Davis, Terry Moore, Ron Shaw, and Tommy Lee was always a good race.
Those were the days Jose. Most of the guys these days have no idea the level of tunnel racing we had back then!!!!..... :eek:

A tunnel hull heat in Knoxville with Bob Davis, Terry Moore, Ron Shaw, and Tommy Lee was always a good race.
Those were the days Jose. Most of the guys these days have no idea the level of tunnel racing we had back then!!!!..... :eek:
And we dont now ? nothing against that group but there are plenty of heavy hitters in tunnel these days too .....

Andy

Hey Lamar,

That low life Bellinger told me he was going to have Doug drive his KW3 and let Doug lake care of his light work for him. Not a good idea to mess with the Olde Goat that builds most of his hydros. Don't you think he needs more respect for his Elders?? Har, Har !!!

My pleasure to be able to attend your race after all these years. It will be the first time for me, even when I was living in Florida. Not any Scale or Sport 40 interest here in Texas any more - they've mostly gone to gas - literally. Tejas BBQ and Mexican will do that for you.

Bellinger's task is to find a VERY good BBQ place. My favorite in the world is Shorty's Bar-B-Q in Miami. Shorty was a Southern Georgia lad that made some FINE Bar-B-Q. If Bellinger lets me down, can I count on you for guidance Lamar ??? Har, Har !!!!

Don't know if I should burst Joe Warren's bubble or not BUT: - - - There have been many good Monos and Hydros over the years other than Seaducers and Roadrunners. Twin Craft, Sightler, Muck, Prather, Cal Craft, Youngblood Monos come to mind very quickly. With camfer sponson tops, a Road Runner looks a lot like a Coyote doesn't it??? Ask Bobby Caudill where they came from, Joe.

I'm looking forward to the race Lamar, just have to work out a couple boats or I'll be drivin' , LIKE I STOLE 'em a Corona beer wagon and a KWWW U-4. OK, the KW3 looks a lot better now, than it did when I raced it. I can fix that. CHEERS !!! Bob
Just Show Up Bob,, We can show you how to drive them like they are STOLEN!!!!!!!!! Bring those Other Brand Monos you talk about....... WE READY WHEN YOU ARE!!!!

And we dont now ? nothing against that group but there are plenty of heavy hitters in tunnel these days too .....

Andy
Andy give a little respect, Tommy Lee still holds most of the tunnel records 20 years after thay have been set....... I would have liked to seen the guy in Action.......... its hard to set a record but for his records to still stand after 20 years is Special. He knew something about those tunnel hulls most have Still Not figured out today?????? Many of our Tunnel boats veterans & hull mfgers are semi retired up here... We have better power plants today than ever. So setting a new tunnel Record should be easy????????? yes maybe? P.s. get your boats together and come to Atlanta & race with us......

Q: Whats a Youngblood?????? It has always been SEADUCER?????????

A: When we first got into Youngblood monos were just getting going. Everyone else was running submerged or sub-surface drives w/ OPS & Rossi powerplants (mostly Twin-Crafts & Sigtlers). We had the surface drive Youngbloods w/ Picco to start and then Dad jumped on the CMB's after blowing a WHOLE BUNCH Piccos apart...

When I first got back into it in 2002 or so I dug out one of my old 38" Youngbloods and dropped a new Greenhead CMB .67 in it. I showed up at the Atlanta pond and Larry Kent said "that boat ain't gonna handle that engine"... I thought he was full of it... I soon found out he wasn't kidding!!! LOL
Lamar you racing that Youngblood?

Hey Joe,

I'm going to make every attempt to have my new Scale and Sport 40 broken in, and ready to race. Last time Rick and I raced together was 2011 NAMBA Nats - I raced my Oberto, he raced the mate to my Miss Houston. Nice to have an old Friend offer up his back up rigs, and I do appreciate it.

I don't race monos, never have. Just trying to open your horizons to boats other than Seaducers and Road Runners. Lots of work designing, building, and perfecting, and making hulls and hardware available as almost ready to run, kits, and glass hulls through the years. They have added greatly to our hobby and should be acknowledged.

See you in April. CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Joe,

I'm going to make every attempt to have my new Scale and Sport 40 broken in, and ready to race. Last time Rick and I raced together was 2011 NAMBA Nats - I raced my Oberto, he raced the mate to my Miss Houston. Nice to have an old Friend offer up his back up rigs, and I do appreciate it.

I don't race monos, never have. Just trying to open your horizons to boats other than Seaducers and Road Runners. Lots of work designing, building, and perfecting, and making hulls and hardware available as almost ready to run, kits, and glass hulls through the years. They have added greatly to our hobby and should be acknowledged.

See you in April. CHEERS !!! Bob
I do not disagree, But Seaducer and Roaduuner boats have also played a part in keeping both racing IMPBA & NAMBA Sanactions on the Water and Racing in Competition. They just happen to be More Current than the others you speak of.

Joe: Nope... Old "SUCK MY WAKE" is now collecting dust in my garage (see attached pic). I replaced it with a Seaducer that I eventually sold to Scott Norris (RIP).

Tommy Lee was THE KING of tunnels back when we were racing Nitros. A very polite & soft spoken gentlemen that could make a K&B engine SCREEEEAAAAAMMMM!!!! The guy could flat out drive too!

We are up to 221 entries this morning w/ another TWIN thrown in the mix. We need 4 more TWINS so we can run 3 heats of 6...

Later,

Lamar

suckmywake.jpg

Joe: Nope... Old "SUCK MY WAKE" is now collecting dust in my garage (see attached pic). I replaced it with a Seaducer that I eventually sold to Scott Norris (RIP).

Tommy Lee was THE KING of tunnels back when we were racing Nitros. A very polite & soft spoken gentlemen that could make a K&B engine SCREEEEAAAAAMMMM!!!! The guy could flat out drive too!

We are up to 221 entries this morning w/ another TWIN thrown in the mix. We need 4 more TWINS so we can run 3 heats of 6...

Later,

Lamar
Boat Looks Crusty?? atleast the bugs are happy with it?

3 heats of 5 sound good too

Looks like the Lindows are making the trip from TEXAS too. I see they got Entered!!!!!!! I knew Rick & Kim would be drawn to the Smell of NITRO in the Air in ATLANTA!!!

Andy
Andy give a little respect, Tommy Lee still holds most of the tunnel records 20 years after thay have been set....... I would have liked to seen the guy in Action.......... its hard to set a record but for his records to still stand after 20 years is Special. He knew something about those tunnel hulls most have Still Not figured out today?????? Many of our Tunnel boats veterans & hull mfgers are semi retired up here... We have better power plants today than ever. So setting a new tunnel Record should be easy????????? yes maybe? P.s. get your boats together and come to Atlanta & race with us......
No disrespect intended Joe ;)

We had every intention of coming this year after missing the WN's - but the wife won a trip at work for 4 days expense paid to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana - Dominican Republic . We are gonna have our belated honeymoon instead on Sprint B)

Andy

Andy
No disrespect intended Joe ;)

We had every intention of coming this year after missing the WN's - but the wife won a trip at work for 4 days expense paid to the Hard Rock in Punta Cana - Dominican Republic . We are gonna have our belated honeymoon instead on Sprint B)

Andy
I hear ya. have a GOOD TIME!!!!!!

The Black's from SC are in... That makes 3 heats of 5 in TWIN! :)

Lamar

16 NITRO TWINS ENTERED. Dont get left out........2 Positions remain Open....... to cap out at 18 NITRO TWINS....... FINAL CALL for TOP FUEL CLASS.........

Back