2010 NAMBA Nats Entries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, lets get to the 'nitty gritty' of the NAMBA Nats. What are the arrangements for EATING.

I was just watching that show 'Man V's Food' on cable. Are we going to one of the worlds best BBQ joints in New Orleans one night?

When I came to Slidell the first time in 1989 I was 'knocked-out' by the quality of some of the restaurants we visited - I vote we bring back Dean Pope and make in the 'Minister for entertainment'. That guy knew how to enjoy himself. All those guys did.

So come-on all you locals at the Nats. Where are we going each night. If you think we are just sitting in the hotel - think again.

I was really hoping Dr. Turner was coming because he DOES know a good place to eat and enjoy yourself.

Steve and I are leaving next week and we are so looking forward to a good time. There is also a new member of team Wide Boy joining us this year, Sharon - Steve's wife is coming along as well. Steve says it will not slow him down but I don't know.

See ya'll real soon.

Wild Bill Annabel.

Hello Bill,

I am going to check with Carlo on my list of eating places I got from D, D, and D, Man vs. Food, and 101 Countdowns to Chowdowns. I like the out of the way hole in the wall places. They seem to be the best.

Here is what I have but know nothing about them.

Willie Mae's Scotch House

Acme Oyster House

Rivershack Tavern

The Joint

Creole Creamery

Casamento's

Surrey's Cafe

Parasol's

Joey K's

I will be arriving on Tuesday sometime before the Nats start. The only thing I have going on is Thursday night I am going to watch the Zephyrs baseball game. That's my Grandson's travel baseball team I coach of the same name.

Thanks, Al Waters

Bill

Well we have 1 starter in AL so we may not have to take MILO to have with the warm milk before we go to bed.

Sharron will not slow me down i am in the final week of training it has gone better than i thought it is almost 14 days straight on the beer now.

Will stop early this week have a couple of days off the i have Zoes 18th birthday party Saturday night about 60 people coming.

Monday GROG free day Tuesday early start in the Qantas club then the long flight destination New Orleans.

See ya there Mate.

Hey Al, that all sounds good to me. At least we have some life being shown by some people. It's just not all about those little boats ya know!

So Al, I just had a meeting with myself and you have been appointed - unanimously - 'Minister for Entertainment'. It would appear you have done your homework and that deserves just recognition. I would be more than happy to accompany you to some of these 'out of the way - holes in walls' you mention. Who knows, I may even shout you a couple of drinks for your excellent work and dedication.

Unlike Steve, I won't be giving up drinking at anytime. I need to stay in shape for when I get to Greg and Sue Hill's place next Sunday. I arrive at 11PM and I bet the party will be in full swing when I get there. Can't wait.

Boy Steve, you must be feeling old now - your little princess is 18 next week. Luckily Sharon was a 'child bride' so she is looking much better than you these days. Please give Zoe a big hug from 'uncle Bill'. It's a pity we live so far away from each other or I would drop in. It must be about 4 years since I saw her last. Now she is all grown-up.

Looking farward to catching up with Y'all in New Orleans.

Bill Annabel.

Hey Al, that all sounds good to me. At least we have some life being shown by some people. It's just not all about those little boats ya know!

So Al, I just had a meeting with myself and you have been appointed - unanimously - 'Minister for Entertainment'. It would appear you have done your homework and that deserves just recognition. I would be more than happy to accompany you to some of these 'out of the way - holes in walls' you mention. Who knows, I may even shout you a couple of drinks for your excellent work and dedication.

Unlike Steve, I won't be giving up drinking at anytime. I need to stay in shape for when I get to Greg and Sue Hill's place next Sunday. I arrive at 11PM and I bet the party will be in full swing when I get there. Can't wait.

Boy Steve, you must be feeling old now - your little princess is 18 next week. Luckily Sharon was a 'child bride' so she is looking much better than you these days. Please give Zoe a big hug from 'uncle Bill'. It's a pity we live so far away from each other or I would drop in. It must be about 4 years since I saw her last. Now she is all grown-up.

Looking farward to catching up with Y'all in New Orleans.

Bill Annabel.

Hello Bill,

I don't know if the Minister of Entertainment title is something I deserve. The Hills taught me everything I know and I still need some post graduate work to complete. I will be ready when you guys roll in to town. I have always said that the Nats were all about meeting new people and hanging with the ones I haven't seen in a long time. Somebody told me that I was supposed to enter some boats.

There are some eating places to hit on the I-10 through Texas that are real inviting also.

I know that you are a Corona man but I have a special one I want you to try. Its made down the street from my house. I have it on draft in my game room.

Here is the web site. You will be able to figure out which one it is.

http://www.stonebrew.com/

See you there.

Al Waters

Hi Al.

I don't think we will have time to visit any of your 'special places' in Texas on the way over. From what I have been able to get from Greg, we are leaving Scottsdale on Tuesday morning and should be arriving at the hotel on Wednesday night some time. I think that will be WFO all the way with limited stops - just to fill the truck and empty something else.

With regard to the Stone Brewery, just bring a keg with you and Steve and I will give it the 'once-over' one night. We score out of 10 and will let you know, very early in the night, what we think. If you can't understand us, Sharon will translate. She know everthing Steve says when he's had a few.

Don't know about anyone else but these next few days will just drag along until I leave on Sunday. Excited - how can a man of 61 get excited about racing model boats and meeting a bunch of like minded people in one of his favourite places on earth.

And my AA with the Mac style front end is going to kick the sxxx out of everyone in B Hydro - right Al - that's Al Hobbs.

See ya real soon.

Wild Bill.

Bill

I hope they are more talkative in person this would have to be the most silent NAMBA Nats we have been to i thought i would try there web page nothing on there either.

Oh well not long to go just have to get through Zoe's party then home and hose.

Talk to you later

Steve,

just saving it for when it counts the most. Like you said................in person. ;)

Thanks, Al

This is the last call for the corona Express leaveing out of Scottsdale early tuesday morning. Can't wait to see everyone and meet a few new ones. It should be a great time with The WIDE BOYS +1 , My A A Sport 40 was looking good at the lake last weekend. About 4 days till we get WILD BILL from the airport and then it will be time for THE BIG EASY for 10 days , Got plenty of ASPRIN.

THANKS Justin and the rest of the wrecking crew from Scottsdale

Jud

Do not forget the TEAM PITCHER it should have the AA LOGO on it if not let me know and i will bring some with me and also the WBR logo.

Just remember the Wifey is coming so i may not be able to drink like i did in Seattle NA just kidding she lives with me finished work today 3 days to go until i leave can not wait to catch up.

So Justin, a couple of questions have come to my 'Corona clouded' mind.

1: Are you driving over with us in the 'Corona Express' or taking the soft option of 'Flying-In'?

2: What time is 'early' on Tuesday for the Corona Express to leave?

3: How is my new 'Gas Gronker' motor going from J & J Engineering?

4: How are the old boy's new gout drugs going?

5: Is there a party palnned for Sunday when I arrive or can I just 'slink-off' and go to bed when I get there. You know I have a problem staying awake when I first arrive after 20 hours flying and I arrive at your palce around 11:30pm.

6: Are we going to toss a coin to see who sleeps in the 'office'?

7: Has dad organised (yes, that's how it's spelt in real English) lunch at Bill Johnsons for Monday?

8: Will we be going to our favourite 'titty' bar some time after we come back?

9: Has Tracey planned all of our free time in New Orleans - again?

Not long now - only 2 sleeps before I leave. See you all very soon.

Wild Bill.

Justin & Steve,

Sorry I have to miss this one :( Just make sure to "wack" everyone with the "air" hammer and tell them it's from me :p Seattle was just too much fun!!!!!!

Don :)

Justin & Steve,

Sorry I have to miss this one :( Just make sure to "wack" everyone with the "air" hammer and tell them it's from me :p Seattle was just too much fun!!!!!!

Don :)

I am in San Antonio right now catching up on some lost zzzzz's. Will be in Reserve tomorrow waiting for you guys....Put in 1300 miles since three PM yesterday. 5oo more to go.. the Weather??????????????? Right now anything cold will taste good. :)

Thanks, Al Waters

Mary and I are on our way! Hoping to pull in Tuesday night or Wednesday morning...

Amen, anything cold. Temps been high 90's...

Ron Ratoff

If you have time to go to the city of

New Orleans

Couple places I really like.

Spend the day in the AC,gunna be a hot one fer sure.

http://www.riverwalkmarketplace.com/

1 Poydras Street

New Orleans, LA 70130-1657

(504) 679-0912

Catch the 1.00 trolly right to the French Quarters

Get off the trolly at:

Cafe Du Monde Coffee Stand

800 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3306

(504) 525-4544?

Right across the street is Jackson Square,and The Presbytere,St Louis Cathedral

615 Pere Antoine Alley,Flea Market New Orleans

1005 North Peters Street, New Orleans, are on the Miss. River.

Dinner:

Acme Oyster House

724 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2324

(504) 525-1158?

http://www.cochonrestaurant.com/

All the parts of the pig you can eat. Best Fried Oyster on toast on the planet.

Yea, toast,and have the HogHead Cheese platter to start.

http://www.landrysseafoodhouse.com/

If it crawls are slithers they"ll fry it.

Oysters on the half shells are Salty and delicious. This time of year.

Willie Mae's Scotch House

2401 Saint Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70119-3405

(504) 822-9503?

Drinks:

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop

941 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3120

(504) 593-9761? One of the all-time favorite tourist attractions of the New Orleans French Quarter

is Jean Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop, on the corner of Bourbon Street and St. Phillip Street.

It was built sometime before 1772, and is one of the few remaining original "French architecture"

structures in the French Quarter. If your candle goes out,just relight-it. He'll blow it out on you again.

Pat O'Brien's Bar (Home of the HURRICANE Drink)

718 Saint Peter Street, New Orleans, LA 70116

(504) 525-4823

Fritzel's Jazz Pub This will put in the heart of Burbon Street. Pick and choose as you like.

Great music,wear your walking shoes

733 Bourbon Street, New Orleans

Of course Burbon Street.

All but the trolly,Everything is in walking dinstance

Welcome to N'awlins

Drop me an e-mail if you need anything: [email protected]

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan,

I posted on the Dock that I had arrived early and needed some help. Within 15 minutes Jesse called me followed by you. The next morning while on the road, Tom Drake called. The Voo Doo club is amazing. I thank you guys for your Louisiana Hospitality.

You have improved my list of eating and libation stops and that is definitely the icing on the cake.

The local beer is good, the people are friendly, the crawfish, shrimp, sausages, and Tom's Jumbolaya has been to die for. And we havent even got started. No reason to post here anymore.That would be taking away from my fun time.

Thanks again,

Al Waters

Hello Rick - Forget who me? Uhh what was I supposed to not forget????????

Oh Yeah, 2 spots saved for Namba Nat's. Come and gett'um! :lol:

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan,

Wait till you meet the Aussies. They just stopped by for a few chilly ones. I told them about your list of chow down places.

We set up tomorrow and things will start rolling.I will contact you about the airboat rides. I am going to see the Zephyrs tomorrow.

Its all coming together.

See ya, Al Waters

I just got a room in Shawnee, Oklahoma after 1500 miles on the road. I should arrive at the hotel Thursday night and set up on Friday.

See you tomorrow night.

Al Hobbs

I just got a room in Shawnee, Oklahoma after 1500 miles on the road. I should arrive at the hotel Thursday night and set up on Friday.

See you tomorrow night.

Al Hobbs

Alan,

it will be good to see you. Heading out to the pond this morning.Will be getting back late tonight after the Zephyrs baseball game. Call if you need anything.

760-445-7173

Thanks, Al Waters

Back