2009 World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with a 4s lipo / 5000 pack , how many packs would you need to get through a weekend of racing ? Can you just keep charging the same pack over and over ?

Ed

Check out my post on # 49 above. Seems like we can possibly do 2 FE classes as I noted in the post. The Spec class Jerry described can be one. What could be the other? A possible Open FE? Or a battery and power limit to another class?
Help me out with it.
I do not see anything wrong with 2 FE classes if there is interest but to just run the same boats like was done in open class will again be redundant. Build an FE and you get to run two classes? I would like to see an open or run what you brung class but only if you could not run the same hull and engine in two classes. IE a 45 tunnel could run either D tunnel or Open tunnel. To run the same hull you would need to change to a different displacement powerhead to qualify. Open could include Nitro,Gas & FE giving them all a chance at bragging rights. This keeps classes from getting overrun with boats just wanting to run more. This event that does bring out the best of the best.

Mic

Mic,

The Open class was voted out for 2009 by the survey to the racers in this past March as being redundant. Only suggested the FE Open to garner several classes of boats that racers may have in inventory already without having to reinvest in another. True a person could run 1 boat in both. Best solution is 2 structured classes and not an open.

John

So with a 4s lipo / 5000 pack , how many packs would you need to get through a weekend of racing ? Can you just keep charging the same pack over and over ?
Ed
Ed,

Just 1 pack... Race it, charge it, race it again... Over and over and over and over again! ;)

Latest posts

Back