*** 2009 Atlanta Spring Nationals Entry Form ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

The entry form is now available for the 2009 Atlanta Spring Nationals! (See attachement below).

If you plan on participating in this event, I STRONGLY suggest you fill out the form and get it in the mail ASAP!!! Last year the entire race sold out in less than 3 WEEKS and the popular classes filled up EVEN FASTER!!! Entries are taken and slots are filled on a “first come first served” basis. We can not make exceptions regardless of the circumstances. With no competing event in NAMBA's D3 this year we expect the race to sell out in record time!

Thank you all for your continued support of the Atlanta Spring Nationals!

SEND IN YOUR ENTRY FORM TODAY!!!

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Baoters

2009_Spring_Nationals_Flyer.pdf

Attachments

• 2009_Spring_Nationals_Flyer.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
I am hereby entering:

TWIN HYDRO

F HYDRO

F MONO

B MONO

LSG27 MONO

LS27SPORT HYDRO

JOSE IMPBA 11755 :)

I am hereby entering:TWIN HYDRO

F HYDRO

F MONO

B MONO

LSG27 MONO

LS27SPORT HYDRO

JOSE IMPBA 11755 :)
That is between you and Mrs. Wendy!

I stay FAR away from the entries!!! ha ha ha

The entry flier will go out after the 1st of the year... Wendy wants to get through the Holiday's before we open the floodgates!

Thanks for all the support over the years!

Looking forward to the 5th ANNUAL TWIN SHOOTOUT!!!

Lamar

Hey Gang,

Just a quick programming note... The CD's for the 2009 Atlanta Spring Nationals will be DON HUFF & NORMAN MORTON. At the pace we move and 8 boat heats 2 CD's are definately better than one.

My hat's off to these guys as CD'ing a race of this size is a thankless job.

Thanks,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang,
Just a quick programming note... The CD's for the 2009 Atlanta Spring Nationals will be DON HUFF & NORMAN MORTON. At the pace we move and 8 boat heats 2 CD's are definately better than one.

Thanks,

Lamar
From what i saw at last years race,the whole club jumped in and made the race pretty darn smooth.........Now if i can get 2 weeks vacation so i can save a trailer space id be happy.....

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

Lamar
From what i saw at last years race,the whole club jumped in and made the race pretty darn smooth.........Now if i can get 2 weeks vacation so i can save a trailer space id be happy.....
Mike, You know your golden, always have a spot with Morton and I. Gotta get the Cowboy to come this year, like to meet Scott. B) B)

It is definatley a group effort come race day... I do think 08' ran smoother than all of the previous Spring Nats I have been involved with. We learn a little something each year that makes the next year run better...

More small changes are in store this year!

The entry flier will have a T-Shirt / Sweatshirt order form attached to it this go round. Preorder and prepay for your shirts and they will be neatly folded in your race packet waiting for you when you check in. Just one less thing we have to fool with during the race.

Lamar

For the right price, i will reserve spots for the out of towners.... as long as you like being all the way down at the end by the bushes :p

Definetely gonna have to get their very early to get front row spots in 09 :eek:

Do you have an entry form yet for the 09 race
Mike
Mike,

The flyer will be out the first week in January!

THanks for the interest.

Lamar

Lamar,is it possible to add a thunderboat category this year.I know it was mentioned last year,but did not make it.I know there are more than enough boats for at least one heat that I've seen,and plan on being there;and more that are out there.

Harvey Liberman

Lamar,is it possible to add a thunderboat category this year.I know it was mentioned last year,but did not make it.I know there are more than enough boats for at least one heat that I've seen,and plan on being there;and more that are out there. Harvey Liberman
Harvey,

We hear you guys loud and clear. Thunderboat will be on the roster for 2009!

Lamar

hey lamar,several of us guys here from knoxville was fortunate enough to attend the charleston race this past fall and besides the bad weather conditions it was a great race.i noticed one in particular piece of equipment they had that all events should have and that was a start camera.there was some disputes about who was over the line and,who was not.this solved the guess work in about

10 seconds.is it possible to do this at such a popular race as atlanta?

thanks

mark

Mark..........As the Cd for the last atlanta Race and being at the SAME charleston race that you were

THAT WAITING ON THE CAMERA IS WHAT CAUSE THE PROBLEM!!!! %^$# THAT CAMERA!!!

I will LIVE and DIE BY THE call THat IS MADE BEFORE THE CLOCK on the BACK STRAIT!!!

I am OFF The SOAP BOX now!!!

Mark..........As the Cd for the last atlanta Race and being at the SAME charleston race that you wereTHAT WAITING ON THE CAMERA IS WHAT CAUSE THE PROBLEM!!!! %^$# THAT CAMERA!!!

I will LIVE and DIE BY THE call THat IS MADE BEFORE THE CLOCK on the BACK STRAIT!!!

I agree Chuck, you can't stop the race too go under the hood. Model boating does not need Instant Replay. Make the call and live with it. OMHO. B) B)

Mark..........As the Cd for the last atlanta Race and being at the SAME charleston race that you wereTHAT WAITING ON THE CAMERA IS WHAT CAUSE THE PROBLEM!!!! %^$# THAT CAMERA!!!

I agree Chuck, you can't stop the race too go under the hood. Model boating does not need Instant Replay. Make the call and live with it. OMHO. B) B)
Get your pen and paper ready and lick the stamp, ITS JANUARY and the flyer will be out soon. Ray count me in long as i have a job i will be there.

Get your pen and paper ready and lick the stamp, ITS JANUARY and the flyer will be out soon. Ray count me in long as i have a job i will be there.
Right you are Mikey! The entry form will be posted here and Jim's R/C Boat Dock on Monday the 5th! Fill em' out and get em' in the mail ASAP as this one is going to fill up FAST!!!

As for the start camera, I highly doubt you will see one in Atlanta in the near future. IMHO there is enough confusion on the stand as it is w/o having instant replay added to the mix.

Guys, thanks for your continued support of the Atlanta Spring Nationals! 2008 was a GREAT race and we hope to make 2009 EVEN BETTER!!!

Lamar

There is one problem that the start camera causes and that is a delay in the call of the start by the CD. The camera image takes several seconds to appear on the screen so the boats are halfway down the backstretch before the call is made. Far as I am concerned just one more complication that is not needed. If the racers don't trust the person calling the start and the fact that the decision is final then maybe you should just stay home and play Wii.

Lamar,

Are you going to allow running Twin Gas boats in the Twin Shootout if IMPBA makes them legal. I think I know the answer. I am just checking.

Lamar,Are you going to allow running Twin Gas boats in the Twin Shootout if IMPBA makes them legal. I think I know the answer. I am just checking.
Nope... No cross pollination @ the Spring Nats... To run them combined we would have to add an OPEN Twin Rigger class (which there is not room for). At the Spring Nats we like to keep everything on an even keel so that you are racing the best of the best in your particular class.

If the Twin Gas proposal passes we will be adding a Twin Gas Rigger class to the line up @ the Summer Sizzler / Gas Champs in Atlanta this August.

Personally I can't wait to see one of these beasts run!

Lamar

Back