2008 LA FE SAWs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor347

OK guys, time to start planning.

The 2008 LA FE SAWs will be held Oct. 17-19 at Legg Lake.

Moving the annual race to October will give us more daylight and generally the best conditions of the year. Another change this year is registration will be handled directly by Mark Grim.

The web page will be updated soon with all the details. http://www.drcwebservices.com/lasaw/default3.htm

Wooooo hoooo!

I can't wait!

J

OK guys, time to start planning.
The 2008 LA FE SAWs will be held Oct. 17-19 at Legg Lake.

Moving the annual race to October will give us more daylight and generally the best conditions of the year. Another change this year is registration will be handled directly by Mark Grim.

The web page will be updated soon with all the details. <a href="http://www.drcwebservices.com/lasaw/default3.htm" target="_blank">http://www.drcwebservices.com/lasaw/default3.htm</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen, this will be a "Must Attend" event..

All of the top drivers in the country will be there and with the addition of lipos to our repritoir speeds will be NUTS!

I can't stress more how much someone who's never attended a SAWS learns.. This event isn't just for 70mph plus boats.. Its a place a guy can find out what tuning, and setup tricks actually get 'em as far as speed goes..

MANY happy boaters have sharpened thier skills at this event..

It is off and on for me but most of the time I yam what I yam! :lol: Missed ya Brian! Just was not in the cards But I got to work on my 41 inch cat

Brian, Randy, Bill and anyone else who has saw's experience.

A few questions.

1. For someone who has never participated in a Saw's event what would be good classes to start with?

2. I know some mainly participate in the smaller cell classes but where would a good starting point be that wouldn't take a PHD in boat design to be successful in?

3. What would it take gear wise to field a competitive straight line boat?

4. Also if I were to build a small hydro say 24 inches long for saws competition how would it differ from building the same style boat for oval racing?

Jim Clark

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

1- How much experience do you have with electric boats? If not much, start will lower cell counts.

2- What hull do you like? That would be a good starting point for ya.

3- Gear would depend on the hull you chose but you'll always need nice tweaked props.

4- The small Hydro would have to be reinforced and symetrical sponsons for starters.

I guess start by choosing a boat you love and go from there.

my 2 cents

Brian, Randy, Bill and anyone else who has saw's experience.A few questions.

1. For someone who has never participated in a Saw's event what would be good classes to start with?

2. I know some mainly participate in the smaller cell classes but where would a good starting point be that wouldn't take a PHD in boat design to be successful in?

3. What would it take gear wise to field a competitive straight line boat?

4. Also if I were to build a small hydro say 24 inches long for saws competition how would it differ from building the same style boat for oval racing?

Jim Clark

Jim Hi

I really just go to learn more and bump my own top speed. I know you love the sports, All speeds to get a record are up there and I do not make setting a record a requirement for a sucessful outing. If I can bump my own personal speed then I am happy. :D

Back