2007 Orlando Winter Nats -FINAL Entry List 393 Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketcity

The flyer is now online. You can find it on our website as well as all future announcements.

Winter Nats

Come join us this year for 4 days of incredible racing. Last year we had 420 boats entered.

This year we have added an extra day of racing on Thursday Jan 25, 2007 for some specialty classes. These will include Sport 21, G1 Mono, G1 Cat, G1 Sport Hydro, G1 Rigger, Jersey Skiff and Multi Engine Nitro Outrigger.

You will complete 4 rounds of racing on this day.

Because of time, this day of racing is limited till we fill the first 18 heats/per round. That means there will be 72 heats run that day.

Starting the next day, Friday we will start with all the remaining classes and run thru Sunday.

Open Water is scheduled from Monday Jan 22th - Wed Jan 24.

Get your entries in early, the deadline is POSTMARKED -December 22, 2006...

If you are interested in being a sponsor or supply raffle prizes, please call me at 407-913-0590 for more information.

Update- We have added a link to view all entries received as well as a FAQ section to help answer any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The First sponsor has signed up. We appreciate all the support from the following.

1. Butch the Boatman (Butch Fields) Modified 260 Zenoah.

2. Peter Mueller Class Sponsor - A Hydro

3. Peter Mueller Class Sponsor - B Hydro

4. Modelgasboats.com (Marc Levac) Class Sponsor - Jersey Skiff

5. MRD Engines (Dave Miller) Class Sponsor - Crackerbox

6. MRD Rngines (Dave Miller) Modified 260 Zenoah

7. PropWorks (Bob Austin) Class Sponsor - GX1 Sport Hydro

8. Hughey Boats - Raffle Prizes

9. TMOD Mufflers (Mike Tyson) Raffle Prizes

10. VooDoo Props Class Sponsor - GX1 Mono

11. Aeromarine - Raffle Prizes- Thunderbolt Hydro, Conquest Cat, XXX Mono

12. Boca Bearing - Gift Certificate

13. Zipp Mfg- Raffle Prizes (2) Cracker Kits

14. Steve Adams - Class Sponsor - A Mod Tunnel

15. Steve Adams - Class Sponsor - Sport 40 II

16. Steve Kauff - Class Sponsor - Open Gas Offshore

17. Steve Kauff - Class Sponsor - GX1 Catamaran

18. Mike Allen - Class Sponsor - 1/8 Scale

Entry list has been updated showing entries received in mail thru 11/29. We now have 117 Boats entered.

Entry list has been updated showing entries received in mail thru 11/29. We now have 117 Boats entered.
I THINK YOU CHARGING A SPECTATERS FEE IS REDICULAS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A HOBBY TO HAVE FUN AND TO ATTRACT NEW BOATERS AND CHARGING THEM TO WATCH IS NOT EXACTLY PROMITTING OUR HOBBY.

Mike,

I thank you for your comment. For clubs who are Incorporated and registered with the State for payment of Sales and Use Tax, the charging of spectator parking fees reduces our tax liability significantly.

Yes, I agree with you 100% that one of our jobs is to promote the hobby. However, it is a win win situation to partner with a charitable organization or youth group to help us collect parking fees. Regarding the parking fee, we will not be charging a set fee, but asking for a donation. It you have ever been to an RC plane event, generally that only means paying $1.00 to $5.00 to park.

Brian Watts

Orlando Culvert Dodgers, Inc.

I THINK YOU CHARGING A SPECTATERS FEE IS REDICULAS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A HOBBY TO HAVE FUN AND TO ATTRACT NEW BOATERS AND CHARGING THEM TO WATCH IS NOT EXACTLY PROMITTING OUR HOBBY.

Anyone planning on running B-Mono and any idea what day that class would run ??

Drew,

All the District III High Points classes including B Mono run Friday thru Sunday.

Anyone planning on running B-Mono and any idea what day that class would run ??
Still hadnt seen any on the entry list thats all. As for the date, I guess that means there is not a specific day for that class, it will be spread out over 3 days??

Still hadnt seen any on the entry list thats all. As for the date, I guess that means there is not a specific day for that class, it will be spread out over 3 days??

Andy,

Per District Three rules...

Andy;

The Winter NATS are run just like any other Dist. 3 race, just spread out over the 3 days, just because of the number of entries usually accepted for this race.

The added day of Thursday is the only oddball day, specialty classes, that are not Dist. 3 High Points classes.

I think you are getting confused because of the NAMBA Nats???

Clear as Mud now??

Rick

Andy;The Winter NATS are run just like any other Dist. 3 race, just spread out over the 3 days, just because of the number of entries usually accepted for this race.

The added day of Thursday is the only oddball day, specialty classes, that are not Dist. 3 High Points classes.

Clear as Mud now??

Rick
Clear as mud now Rick. ;) I was kinda hoping the format would have been like the Nats , kinda expensive weekend just to run one class :( Maybe I just need more boats, LOL. Thanks, Andy

Hey Drew;

Yes it does turn out to be an expensive weekend, weather "by tradition" has always been an issue, TO ME, for this race (usually cold, rain windy)

So far the past 2 years, I have sat this one out!!

But it is a well run, fun race, you race people you don't normally run against.

But yes you do need a second boat, interested in a scale boat, or 60 MONO ???

Rick

Andy;The Winter NATS are run just like any other Dist. 3 race, just spread out over the 3 days, just because of the number of entries usually accepted for this race.

Clear as Mud now??

Rick
Clear as mud now Rick. ;) I was kinda hoping the format would have been like the Nats , kinda expensive weekend just to run one class :( Maybe I just need more boats, LOL. Thanks, Andy
You definitely need more boats !! A three class race weekend keeps you hopping and always gives you something to tinker with ! I will need serious pit help at this one !( five classes ) , let me know your favorite snacks and refreshments and I will keep you fueled up! !Looking forward to meeting the gang from Tampa .

Tom it looks like I'm going to have to pass this year, as much as I dont want too, just cant swing 3 days right now(trying to work on the more boats thing). I will be over for one of the weekend days, I would be more than happy to lend you a hand pitting if Byrd doesnt snag me first. As far as snacks and bev. - BEER BEER and more BEER. LOL Andy

Entry list has been updated showing entries received in mail thru 12/19. We now have 274 Boats / 73 Contestants entered.

Latest posts

Back