2007 NAMBA NAtionals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

It is official! The 2007 NAMBA Nationals will be held in San Jose, California July 7-14, 2007 at Lake Cunningham/Raging Waters! An official website for the nationals will be going up as soon as possible with all the entry and accomodation information as well as directions. In the meantime please refer to www.namba9.net as we'll use our district website until that one is up. Roger Hooks, Jr. and myself will be the co-contest directors so if you have any questions until the website is up please contact us for any questions.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome news! With ROGER having a hand in this event, it will be one not to miss... I sure hope that I can make it..

It is official! The 2007 NAMBA Nationals will be held in San Jose, California July 7-14, 2007 at Lake Cunningham/Raging Waters! An official website for the nationals will be going up as soon as possible with all the entry and accomodation information as well as directions. In the meantime please refer to www.namba9.net as we'll use our district website until that one is up. Roger Hooks, Jr. and myself will be the co-contest directors so if you have any questions until the website is up please contact us for any questions.

Look forward to seeing you all!

Jay, Please forward some info on this event When you receive it... The (WAR WAGON) trailer will race NAMBA NATS in 2007..... Maybe we can Hook Up & Do some racing in CA.

Jay, Please forward some info on this event When you receive it... The (WAR WAGON) trailer will race NAMBA NATS in 2007..... Maybe we can Hook Up & Do some racing in CA.
Sounds like we may be going to the other coast for next years race. :D

Ralph

Come on out guys! Roger and I and the rest of the district have a lot of things in the planning stages where there will be fun for everyone. Plus there are a lot of things to do on days you are not racing. Besides the Raging Waters waterslide park right behind where we will be, Paramount's Great America is a few minutes up the road if you're bringing the family. Between Roger's marketing skills and my experience in event production like street rod shows in SF and Oakland plus big boat races this is going to have a very big boat race like feel to it. The emphasis is going to be on FUN and making sure you leave with a smile. Our entire district is jazzed to be doing this and can't wait to play host to all of you. Stay tuned.......

All the top dist 8 guys will be there. We may even be able to talk Mark Anderson to put down the planes for a bit and run boats.

Mike

Uh oh is Grub planning a trip back to the states sooner than expected? San Jose Interntational is not far from the race site and SF and Oakland aren't out of the realm of possibility either....

We should have all of that info and hotels as well up in a couple of weeks. We're still in trying to finalize the headquarters hotel.

Mike......just put Mark in a headlock and bring him down. look forward to seeing you guys again. You coming down with your twin again in Feb? I might actually have mine finished by then if I can ever stop messing with scale stuff long enough.

FYI -

Due to the emerging popularity and enthusiasm of 2007 Nationals sponsorships may go quickly. The Kids R Boaters class was just secured yesterday. Sponsorship bids may also become very competitive as this sponsor made an offer of 5 times what we were asking for. So if you are looking to sponsor a class put in a call or email to Mike or myself as soon as possible. Although we expect to get the website up and send letters out within the next couple of weeks don't wait until then. Your sponsor space could be gone.

Pass the word along.

BTW - I do have a sponsor packet available in .PDF form for anyone interested.

Ok folks we have the web domain secured however we are still compiling preliminary info about hotels and such. It's a busy month with our district race season winding down with two races to go and I'm mixing in a trip to San Diego in there as well so things are a little tight at the moment. However the way things are shaping up this looks to be a kick in the pants of a Nats. The website should be up and running by the end of this month at www.2007nambanationals.com

BTW did I hear Wide Boy Racing contemplating another trip accross the pond?

That is correct WIDEBOY & WILDBILL are trying to secure a leave pass from the better halfs.

But i think we have both managed that as we said we would take them to New Zealand for a holiday over easter.But there is also the NZ nationals for model boats on there at the same time so we might as well take the boats and race.They fell for it.

Joe, It'd be good to see you and Ralph out in California. Good times definitely. It'd be quite a sight to see that Tennessee Boy out in the Golden State...

That is correct WIDEBOY & WILDBILL are trying to secure a leave pass from the better halfs.

But i think we have both managed that as we said we would take them to New Zealand for a holiday over easter.But there is also the NZ nationals for model boats on there at the same time so we might as well take the boats and race.They fell for it.

As I mentioned before if you have a favorite class that you expect to sponsor put your word in now. Don't wait as people are putting their bids in early. We already have

Kids R Boaters

Scale Unlimited Hydro

and Sport 21 spoken for with 10 months still to go.

I am shooting for the website to be up within the next week.

As I mentioned before if you have a favorite class that you expect to sponsor put your word in now. Don't wait as people are putting their bids in early. We already have

Kids R Boaters

Scale Unlimited Hydro

and Sport 21 spoken for with 10 months still to go.

I am shooting for the website to be up within the next week.
Once again... They are going fast and that's just not hype.

Kids R Boaters

Scale Unlimited Hydro

Sport 21

C Hydro

X Hydro

Sport 60

and Sport X

have all been spoken for.

You can't say that I didn't try to warn you.

... still 10 months to go.

Back