2007 D2 Schedule Change PLEASE Read

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how far is too far?i live in ohio 55 miles from my club driftwood ft wayne, in

our president lives 70 miles and another member lives beyond that.fracious pellerion lives in france, driftwood member because a fellow member met him in florida years past and helped him out and offered him hospitality.

we host a race in dist 2 (celina summer challenge xvii). it is 60 miles from ft wayne and 40 miles from my home.

if people dont take these people in, they know(or maybe they dont) what is happening.

another person is turned away from r/c boating. shame on somebody! bad news spreads faster than good news.
Dan you need a closer pond !! Hope to see May 20th at Sumpter race

Mark Owens

I to was told by the Transom Twisters that they could not take on anymore members. I was told because they are a GM (General Motors) based club they had to have a certain amount of GM employees in the club to be able to run on the property. I don't think it's the clubs doing turning away new members, it's more of the GM politics and insurance reasons. I wish I could join also, they are the closest for me to run my boats.

ft wayne site is still used by the club for practice. the owner has made many improvements such as grass, leveled it out, graded the driveway. a race could be held there, we might try it again, depending what the club wants to do. date conflicts with dist 2 is a major problem with drawing entries. evansville (dist 14) is 300 miles give or take a few probably give, so we mostly are dictated to schedule around what dist 2 is doing. i should be to sumpter the 20th. nice site for racing. thats only 130 mi so easy drive time up the interstate. been spending a lot of time on the celina race getting it in order. brian and i both been working hard on the gas nats. we want this all behind us when racing season starts so we can lobby to get everyone there instead of having details to worry about. these both should be GREAT races. brian has a web site for the gas nats that should be released very shortly, entries are rolling in, sponsors are getting on board, city of celina is happy, parks dept , motel owner is happy, food people are happy, banquet hall people are happy, happy-happy -happy. CANT BEAT THAT!!( CAPS ON) LOL !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats Strange i am a GM Employee and still was turned down. I didn't think to mention that in my inquiry but `GM' is in my email ID. The GM ponds are my primary test facility i probably have the fastest electric boat to ever hit the water there.

I guess i could show up on the days they run, being an GM employee they couldn't do anything. I sure would prefer to come in peace.

I to was told by the Transom Twisters that they could not take on anymore members. I was told because they are a GM (General Motors) based club they had to have a certain amount of GM employees in the club to be able to run on the property. I don't think it's the clubs doing turning away new members, it's more of the GM politics and insurance reasons. I wish I could join also, they are the closest for me to run my boats.

I would try asking again and let them know you are an employee, it might make a difference. I design GM interior parts (supplier) but I don't work for GM direct. I wish you luck on finding a place to run your boat. I myself am still trying to find a convenient place to run. I would like to see a FE scale run. I don't know much about them but a scale is still a scale and I like em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, the funny thing is that the Fort Wayne site is closer for quite a few D-2 racers than it is for a lot of D-14 racers!

I'm just in that weird area where Fort Wayne and some of the D-4 races are about the same distance as a lot of the D-2 races. 120 Miles to FW for me and the closest (until last year and many years ago) as most of the D-2's are 135 miles or more. At least I don't have to drive as far as what Mark Sholund now has to!

ken and ray, there is another post re: tansom twisters you need to read by ed mazzolla. it might clear this up and you both might be able to get a place to run.

Gentleman

Right now we are going through our membership, we currently are at are limit per GM's requirements. If we have anyone that does not return to the club I will let you now. One more thing there is an electric boat club that runs out at GM Proving grounds,no I do not know who they are or what their club name is. This is what GM has informed us. I beleive it is a NAMBA.

Thanks

ED

All,

I cleared everything up with the Transom Twisters president today at the Owasso Mi Swap Meet , real nice guy. He invited me and another mem of our FE club to their next meeting. Things are looking up!

Thanks,

KRJoye

All,
I cleared everything up with the Transom Twisters president today at the Owasso Mi Swap Meet , real nice guy. He invited me and another mem of our FE club to their next meeting. Things are looking up!

Thanks,

KRJoye

Glad to hear it's working out for you. I wish I would have known about that swap meet.

I would like to see a FE scale run. I don't know much about them but a scale is still a scale and I like em.

Well there are at least 2 more in Ohio (FE 1/8ths ) that is...in D2.

We are hoping to run some this year...along side you nitro guys.

Ken's hull is no slacker and should be able to give you guys a good run.

Back