2007 D2 Schedule Change PLEASE Read

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Sheren

Staff member
MAY

6 Dayton Model Boat Club

13 Mothers Day

20 OWMBC Mini Gold Cup

JUNE

2/3 Driftwood Model Boat Club Celina

2/3 OWMBC Record Trials Flint

10 Thames Valley London

17 Lansing Model Boat Club Potterville

23/24 Ford Model Boat Club

JULY

8 Bouy Blasters :rolleyes:

15 Gold Cup Big Boats Detroit

22 RESTRICTED DUE TO INTERNATS see rule book

23/31 IMPBA Internats Seville Ohio

August

1/4 IMPBA Internats Seville Ohio

12 Transom Twisters

18/19 Cleveland

25/26 Thames Valley Northern Nats

September

9 Thames Valley

13/16 IMPBA Gas Nats Celina

23 OWMBC Spencer Park

30 Saginaw

29/30 OWMBC Time Trials Flint

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the effort!! Now we can start making plans!!

No Seville except for the internats??

Thanks Kevin,

Dan

It's too bad that Saginaw keeps getting pushed back later and later every year as I liked going there the last weekend in July. First they let the Transom Twisters have the date and now the Internat's this year has it. Hopefully they can get it back again to their old date next year.

Kevin, you must have gotten the OK to use the Potterville site this year for nitro races. He's got a great site, right off I-69 and not a bad seat in the house as you can pit up high and see the whole pond with an unobstructed view.

Potterville_007.jpg

Ron & Kevin,

I can't believe the Saginaw club doesn't get it's date before the Transom Twisters do,I have been going to the

Saginaw race for 18 years (aprox.) and I always look forward to it. Do you think August 19th could be open in

Saginaw? Or even July 8th? I know making a schedule is tough,and you can't please everyone. Oh Well!

Buoy Blasters Race on July 1st?

Let's Make The Most Of It I Guess,

Mark Sholund

Mark, having the record trials on the same weekends as some other races is going to hurt one or the other as some people will want to hit both. Saginaw and Flint aren't that far away from each other but it's still a conflict.

We got to know the OWMBC as the final points series race of the season but now it looks like things will be settled in Saginaw.

I understand that the schedule for our district never has been easy to get all of the races in as there has been problems in the past. June seems to be the busiest month with every Sunday taken and some people are going to have to make choices as to which ones to hit as all can't afford to make each one.

Mark,

When the Internats are not in D2 Saginaw will go back to their August date. They were offered 2 other dates and chose this one.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks, You Are Doing A Great Job!!!

I was just wondering about the dates.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hey D2 i live in the Romeo Mi area and run 1/8 Scale FE boats, any chance i could get together and run with you local guys? I not looking to crash your events(just yet) just practice at club races or Fun Runs in the area.

Hey D2 i live in the Romeo Mi area and run 1/8 Scale FE boats, any chance i could get together and run with you local guys? I not looking to crash your events(just yet) just practice at club races or Fun Runs in the area.
hello, k.r.joye, you should take a look at impba.com look at clubs in district II and make a few phone calls. Oakland wolverine model boat club, bouy blasters, transom twisters, and also not ( I think ) part of imbpa is the greatlakes club that runs at stony creek GOOD LUCK with your search.

hello, k.r.joye, you should take a look at impba.com look at clubs in district II and make a few phone calls. Oakland wolverine model boat club, bouy blasters, transom twisters, and also not ( I think ) part of imbpa is the greatlakes club that runs at stony creek GOOD LUCK with your search.
I tried the Transom Twisters they responded they aren't taking any new members? Never herd of a club turning people away. Strange

Were to do run?

I tried the Transom Twisters they responded they aren't taking any new members? Never herd of a club turning people away. Strange
Were to do run?
That is strange if you would like more info on D2 check out www.impba2.com Also you may want to email, or call Kevin the D2 director.

Ken, there are other clubs in the area that I'm sure that would be happy to have you as a member. With only one big FE race in the area, I can see where many of you would like to be able to race more. Try the Ford MBC.

Ken, there are other clubs in the area that I'm sure that would be happy to have you as a member. With only one big FE race in the area, I can see where many of you would like to be able to race more. Try the Ford MBC.
Ron, is right ford club is in d-2 also too I was looking at your home location and and thats a little far Oakland Wolverine club meeting ( owmbc.org) this coming thursday at warrlos bar in ferndale on hilton just north of nine mile east side st. will not be present going to florida, meetings start around 7-7:30 check out the web site and call Garl to confrim date and time.

Mark Owens

Ron, is right ford club is in d-2 also too I was looking at your home location and and thats a little far Oakland Wolverine club meeting ( owmbc.org) this coming thursday at warrlos bar in ferndale on hilton just north of nine mile east side st. will not be present going to florida, meetings start around 7-7:30 check out the web site and call Garl to confrim date and time.

Mark Owens

Were to do run?
Unbelievable, This is the same club that complains that they do not have enough members to put their race on. It is what it is.

Anyways, I am a member of the Oakland/Wolverines. As Mark mentioned, we are meeting at Warrillows this Thursday, Feb. 8 and we welcome all boaters. Most of the members in the club run 1/8 scale. You can bring one of your boats, I'm sure we would be interested to see what you are doing with a F/E 1/8 scale. The club will be able to help you out with trying to get some run time someplace and fit you in. If you have any questions, send me an e-mail.

how far is too far?

i live in ohio 55 miles from my club driftwood ft wayne, in

our president lives 70 miles and another member lives beyond that.fracious pellerion lives in france, driftwood member because a fellow member met him in florida years past and helped him out and offered him hospitality.

we host a race in dist 2 (celina summer challenge xvii). it is 60 miles from ft wayne and 40 miles from my home.

if people dont take these people in, they know(or maybe they dont) what is happening.

another person is turned away from r/c boating. shame on somebody! bad news spreads faster than good news.

Dan, while you're in here, is the Fort Wayne pond a thing of the past? I know that the last time a race was scheduled there you only had 3 entries, a huge disappointment for a nice site.

Back