2004 Batavia Nationals Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstevens

SATURDAY

N Mono (M)

1st Dan Proulx FT>1:04:34

2nd Mark Anderson

3rd Ed Hughey

N Hydro (M) Sponsored by Octura Models

1st Dan Proulx FT>52:30

2nd Paul Pachmayer

3rd Ed Hughey

P Spec Sport Hydro (S) Sponsored by Skullcaps

1st Mark Anderson

2nd Dave Arndt

3rd Larry Caputo FT>1:02:43

O Sport Hydro (M)

1st Mark Anderson

2nd Doug Campbell

3rd Paul Pachmayer FT>54.97

N Crackerbox Ironman (S)(E) Sponsored by Hilltop Batteries

1st Ken Smith Points 1325

2nd Aimee Mayuga Points 1269

3rd Larry Caputo

N M-Course (S)(E) Sponsored by Danvo

1st Laura Demasie Laps in 12 min 34.2

2nd Jeffrey Stevens Laps in 12 min 34.1

3rd Loren Peters

P Spec Offshore (S)(E) Sponsored by Douglas L Robichaud CFP/LPL

1st Doug Peterson

2nd Mark Anderson

3rd Nic Peterson

Spec ZigZag (S)(E)

1st Parker Hughey

2nd Chris Smith

3rd Ben Peterson

P Hydro (4 Min Oval)

1st Doug Robichaud Laps in 11 min 44

2nd Larry Caputo

3rd Ken Smith

SUNDAY

O Mono (M) Sponsored by Hilltop Batteries

1st Doug Campbell

2nd Rupert Mayuga

3rd Ed Hughey FT>1:04:36

P Sport Hydro (M) Sponsored by Octura Models

1st Mark Anderson

2nd Dan Proulx FT>53:60

3rd Ken Smith

N Super Stock (S)

1st Brendan Wasilko

2nd Lawrence Caputo

3rd Larry Benson

O Hydro (M) Sponsored by Hughey Boats

1st Ed Hughey

2nd Paul Pachmayer

3rd Dan Proulx FT>52:52

P Mono (M) Sponsored by Offshore Electrics.com

1st Doug Peterson FT>54:48

2nd Dan Proulx

3rd Larry Caputo

N Mono (S)

1st Ned Schmidt

2nd Mark Anderson

3rd Jeffrey Stevens

P Hydro (M) Sponsored by Octura Models

1st Dan Proulx FT> 49:53

2nd Doug Robichaud

3rd Ed Hughey

Highpoints = Dan Proulx - Sponsored by Hilltop Batteries

This is the OFFICIAL FORUM of the Batavia Nationals.

The only other place you will get accurate information will be www.bataviarc.com.

I posted fast times that were done by the top 3 as well as other little tidbits to wet your appetite.

All fast times were created by my brother Perry's stopwatch. I would like to thank Perry Stevens, Dan Werner, Zane Stevens and Drew Stevens who made an incredible effort over the weekend. On Sunday they got through 3 rounds of racing of 57 boats and 7 classes in 6 1-1/2 hours. That was even with a final Zig Zag race at noon, a sunken boat rescue and a lengthy lunch break.

I would like to thank our Class Sponosrs; Danvo, Hilltop Batteries (Battlepacks.com), Hughey Boats, Douglas L Robichaud, CFP/LPL, Octura Models, Offshore Electrics and Skullcaps. They made many of the things seen in Batavia possible.

I also would like to thank our generous prizes donated by; Al's Hobbyshop, Hobbytown USA (st charles), Castle Creations & Classic Hydros.

Finally I would like to thank my wife Cheryl who worked very hard suppling goodies at the race, including cookies, gave great support and how she gives me this opportunity to put on this great race.

There is a lot of information and pictures to compile for the race. I plan on posting ALL of the results, setups and a great article written by Ken Smith... (how is that for pressure)... LOL. So keep checking back and hopefully in the next month you will be overloaded by the results.... That is better than any Mag Rag can do!

Jeffrey Stevens

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of your hard work Jeff.

You have posted comprehensive results on this forum faster than anyone else ever has on any other board.

Glad to see you have not gotten caught up in the "You must do it this way" debacle that seems to plague other organizations.

Congratulations on a job well done!

PS: I know it is asking a lot, but it would be neat to see a list of the set-ups (boats, motors, cells, etc) each winner was using.

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Climate Models said:
PS: I know it is asking a lot, but it would be neat to see a list of the set-ups (boats, motors, cells, etc) each winner was using.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts.

Each year we try to make it better and more improved. I think the key to any event is keeping it moving, having fair un-biased rules and being consistant.

On your "PS" is a funny you should mention it. One of the mandatory rules this year is, you cannot race until all your boat data is in. Some guys that mailed theirs entries in without data had to scramble to get it in before races started. We did this not to be difficult but, to do what you just mentioned, have data for all the boats in all the classes. We do have that. You will see this info on the Batavia website. I think it will be a great reference for the hobby.

I will post some pictures and results, after the pictures get developed. You can expect that in about a week.

I will have a more comprehensive article posted on the website with all boat data, pictures, an article by Ken Smith and race records. This probably will be end of September. This year 5 Batavia records fell and one did get tied. We also have some new names to add to the winner list.

Jeff

jstevens said:
I would like to thank our Class Sponosrs; Danvo, Hughey Boats, Octura Models, Douglas L Robichaud, CFP/LPL, Octura Models, Offshore Electrics and Skullcaps. They made many of the things seen in Batavia possible.
I thought we helped as well? ;)

Looks like many wins for BattlePack Customers in this one as well :D

sjslhill said:
jstevens said:
I would like to thank our Class Sponosrs; Danvo, Hughey Boats, Octura Models, Douglas L Robichaud, CFP/LPL, Octura Models, Offshore Electrics and Skullcaps. They made many of the things seen in Batavia possible.
I thought we helped as well? ;)

Looks like many wins for BattlePack Customers in this one as well :D
Sorry Steve, in cranking this out I missed one of our primary sponsors. :unsure:

Well it is corrected now.

Jeff

Back