20 hydro saw record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I posted on the other thread.

Well since I'm in Richmond to test cars and it's raining let's talk boats! Some more details from the record runs for those that asked.
I have often wondered if any of the other Cup ( sorry Im old school-lol) regulars show any interest or if you guys talk about RC Boats at all ?

If so , care to share who ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video candy . Very impressive! Can you post pics of your boats also pass ya later Charlie

Well since I'm in Richmond to test cars and it's raining let's talk boats! Some more details from the record runs for those that asked.

The 21 oval record was set with my old JAE 21 I built before the plans were released, weighs 3lb 14oz , novarossi 21DD and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 1650.

21 saw was my own design JAE style boat, a homemade turned around 7 port novarossi and Bouchie pipe,prop was a modified 2047

45 saw was my own design JAE style boat, cmb vac45 and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 2160.

I used Odonnell 287 plugs and 65% Odonnell Punch fuel on both 21 engines , and I used Odonnel 287 plugs and 70% technology fuel for the 45 record.
I was outside with the pest exterminator at the house and thought I heard a car running at the track. We can run boats in the rain! LOL

Technology fuel,.....There is a difference. Wish you raced tunnels.

Best wishes at Tejas....

RP

I have often wondered if any of the other Cup ( sorry Im old school-lol) regulars show any interest or if you guys talk about RC Boats at all ?

If so , care to share who ??
Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon had some boats but were mostly players, not racers. Aric Almirola's dad builds some of the best heat racing 'riggers around but don't know if Aric plays with them or not. Harvick is into RC trucks. Bill Elliot is supposed to be a good RC Heli pilot. Tony Stewart either owns or owned a RC Sprint car manufacturing business and does race them in the off-season. In the NHRA you've got Antron Brown who is a very good gas boat racer and now retired Eddie Hill flies large-scale RC planes.

Back