20 hydro saw record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruex

I believe this was the record run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it Martin that thang was strolling. congrats on the record. And congrats on surviving the week with mitch and the boys.

Chris, carbon/foam tub sides, wood everywhere else. No kit, scratch built.

Chris, carbon/foam tub sides, wood everywhere else. No kit, scratch built. Thanks for compliments. 45 videos will be posted as soon as I get them.

Allan,

That was not the DD-21 in the SAW boat.

Martin said he had a CUSTOM 7-port in the SAW boat.

The DD-21 was in the two lap oval boat.

Both boats ran very well to set those records.

Nice Job Getting Them Ready To Rock Martin.

Mark Sholund

Smokin'!

Thanks for sharing!
default_smile.png

Martin... great job on the record! So far weve deciphered a custom boat and a custom 7 port... while most of us arent into the SAW world would you care to share other details ( is SAW sort of trade secret exclusive really?)... if so ill detract... maybe pipe, length, prop, nitro, ?.. I just remember old posted records of nats and things the guys would post their hull, engine, prop and etc... of course... "home brew" was always entered in there at times... anyway... as heat racers maybe we can step up... thanks mike

This is what I posted on the other thread.

Well since I'm in Richmond to test cars and it's raining let's talk boats! Some more details from the record runs for those that asked.

The 21 oval record was set with my old JAE 21 I built before the plans were released, weighs 3lb 14oz , novarossi 21DD and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 1650.

21 saw was my own design JAE style boat, a homemade turned around 7 port novarossi and Bouchie pipe,prop was a modified 2047

45 saw was my own design JAE style boat, cmb vac45 and Bouchie pipe, prop was a modified 2160.

I used Odonnell 287 plugs and 65% Odonnell Punch fuel on both 21 engines , and I used Odonnel 287 plugs and 70% technology fuel for the 45 record.

Back