!/2 Mill start's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want to impliment 1/2 mill starts?

• yes

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 42 63.6%

• Total voters
Any IMPBA club can use the 30 second jump or a 1/2 mill rule so long as it is on their race flyer and not a safety issue. The rule book only covers the Internats and to provide guide line for local races.
The rule book only covers the Internats and to provide guide line for local races?? Say what???? Sorry Mark but I definitely will disagree with you here. The IMPBA rules are there for a reason, not to be "optional" whenever one sees fit. What part of "will not be allowed under any circumstances" is not clear about the rule regarding pit time? That sure doesn't sound "optional" to me......

IMPBA rulebook section G Contest and Racing Rules-

4. Re-Starts, Re-Runs and Heat Delays

a. Under normal conditions, re-starts and re-runs will not be allowed.

However, if one or more boats is rendered out of control before the start or

during the course of the race and cannot be shut down, the Referee, in the

interest of safety, will call all of the boats still running back to the pits. The

heat will be re-run in the same round with all of the boats that were still

running, except for the boat or boats that caused the heat to be stopped.

Boats that were dead will not be allowed to re-start.

b. Delay or cancellation of Pit Time will not be allowed under any

circumstances other than course problems, and shall be called by the proper

contest official

And the definition of Pit Time-

3. Heat Racing Rules

a. Pit Time

1. A Pit Time of two minutes is allowed for the starting of all engines and to

allow all boats to be launched.

2. If no entrants have started engines and are under way at the expiration of Pit

Time, the heat shall be declared "No Contest". It will not be rescheduled.

This is section G Contest and Racing rules, not section E which specifically lists the International Regatta or Internats as we like to call it. Also as per section E 3-A that covers sanctions of regular races it says-

A. A sanction is an authorization or approval of an event, which binds the holders of the event to

comply with the IMPBA rules and regulations and guarantees that the results of said events will

be recognized as official. Sanctions will only be granted to clubs holding events on waters

covered by the IMPBA insurance policy. No sanctions will be issued to clubs unless they have

previously obtained an IMPBA insurance certificate covering their waters.

This thing about deviating from the rules as long as it's on the flyer started out as a way to offer different classes and course options and has been stretched, twisted and manipulated into people thinking they can do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like it if it's on the flyer, sorry it just doesn't work that way. The rules are in place to insure fairness and consistency for all our members from race to race and district to district. Mark, we know each other well and you know that I'm all about racing and wanting everyone to have a good time but this just put it on the flyer thing has gotten way out of hand. I guess that is yet another part of the "gray matter" that will need to be cleared up in upcoming rule book clean up. <_<
I know what the rule book says but local races can and will devate from the rule book. And do, you need to get out more LOL. Of course this is why you do have a few problems at the Internats. So with this said all clubs should run their race as close to the rule book as they can and if there is a change explain it very well in the drivers meeting.

We all can make our arguments until we are blue in the face.

The REAL relativity is no matter WHAT format you use, all the racers are on the same page, none want accidents, none want others to have an advantage before the race !!

Those who say "I" can manage mill time therefor I am the better racer are doing so because they feel they have an advantage over those who don't prior to the actual 6 lap event.

Those who race under the 1/2 mill format are a far more sneaky and cunning group that place little on full mill strategy's knowing that the actual race is at the horn, how you get to the line on time safely in lane of choice is one of cunning and carefull planing.

Like all of you ... just one mans heart felt opinion.

We have half mill, but you sure as hell don't have too either .....

Last edited by a moderator:

The REAL relativity is no matter WHAT format you use, all the racers are on the same page, none want accidents, none want others to have an advantage before the race !!

Those who say "I" can manage mill time therefor I am the better racer are doing so because they feel they have an advantage over those who don't prior to the actual 6 lap event.

Those who race under the 1/2 mill format are a far more sneaky and cunning group that place little on full mill strategy's knowing that the actual race is at the horn, how you get to the line on time safely in lane of choice is one of cunning and carefull planing.

I actually see the half mill being used by gas boaters more then nitro its there if you want to use it if you dont use the full mill same with 30 second clock just say i dont want to go down to 30 seconds and you have the full clock we all have to run the same format which ever way anyone desides we are all here to have fun and enjoy are selfs.

So Scott where did anyone actually say they're "better" because they full mill?? Far more sneaky and cunning doing 1/2 mill? Well that sure sounds more like you're the one saying people are better because of 1/2 mill, just like you did on the Dock. Whatever works for you and I'll extend the same friendly invitation here that I did on Jim's, save those pennies, step off the porch and come out to next year's Gas Clash but you better bring all of that sneaky and cunning 'cause you're gonna need it....every bit of it. :D

We'll be more that happy to show you a good time and great racing east coast full mill style. B)

One this is certain, you will have fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Been racing a few years now --- raceed both 1/2 mill and full mill -- could care less which one we ran -- I can not say there was a lot of crashs do to 1/2 mill --- I feel it,s all what you get use to -- as far as timing your start -- I,m the worst at the starts anyway so no big deal for me

You have six lapes to make up bad starts so stay out of the first turn crunch -- thats were all the bad stuff happens any way

Happy milsssssssssss to you

Henry

Back