• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 CMB 45 RS motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57fairlane500

I have 2 motors that I am not using so they need to go. One is from my sport 40 that just got new bearings in it after one season. The other is from my 40 mono and only has a few tanks run thought it as we don't run the class here anymore. Both are in great shape I'm just not using them and would like to have money for other projects. $275 each shipped.

Photos of motors.

Please define "a few runs" on the engine that has not been rebuilt? That means 3 to 5 to me. Also, does your statement mean it has only 3 to 5 runs total since bought brand new? How long has it been sitting since last run? Thnx,

No modifications to either motor except for the water jacket on the mono motor to eliminate the bottom O-ring. Mark Grim did the bearings in the Sport 40 motor after one season of racing and it has not been run since. knowing how many times we raced 40 mono plus a fun run to start breaking in, I would say 5 or 6 runs total on that motor. They both sat pickled all last season as I found a stash of Picco parts and went back to them for my sport 40.

Kelly's stuff is ALL top shelf!!!! I for one have seen both motors and the way they were cared for. 275.00 shipped is a steal.

Shawn Warren

AKA Big Dog

Hey Fairlane Man, I would pop for the mono engine as pictured at $250 shipped. Think about it and let me know. I have a PO Box so shipping would be snail mail US postal. I'm in no hurry, Thanks, James. BTW I always wanted a 66 Fairlane but had to settle for a 64 Comet. I did have a 56 Ford for about a month until dad said it had to get out of the driveway, it was in the way of his bass boat!!

Hi James,

PM sent, you have a deal.

I really need to find the time to finish the restoration of my 57, it's been sitting in the garage way too long.

Kelly.

Mono motor sold. Sport 40 motor with fresh bearings still available, will take $250 shipped in USA for it.

Kelly.

Mr. Beasley, your motor shipped today.

Thanks,

Kelly.

Last edited:
I have 2 motors that I am not using so they need to go. One is from my sport 40 that just got new bearings in it after one season. The other is from my 40 mono and only has a few tanks run thought it as we don't run the class here anymore. Both are in great shape I'm just not using them and would like to have money for other projects. $275 each shipped.

Photos of motors.
PM sent about remaining engine

I don't have any spare headers, but I can throw in a MAC's 10cc pipe to sweeten the deal.

Kelly, are you going to Twin Lakes Saturday? If so, bring the motor and pipe and I may take them off your hands if they are still available

Hey Kelly,

I'll take the second engine with 10 CC MACS pipe for $240. shipped. Do you do Pay Pal??

What PICCOs are you running?? I have a NIB blue head with RPM rod. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bob,

You got it. Yes I do PayPal, I will PM you.

I still run the 90's era Picco EXR silver head disc rotor motors.

Kelly.

Hey Kelly,

Pay Pal sent.

I still have a couple of the first EXR 67 Silver heads with disc rotor that I run in Scale boats. If the CMB Grenie irritates me - I go back to my olde, Reliable Work horses.

Thank You. CHEERS !!! Bob

Back