2.4 FASST Antenna Wire

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have for a while now and no probs... i jus glue an antena tube to the inside of the box that way the abtena is stretched out.

At the risk of beating this horse to death yet again, all 2.4 is vertically polarized and at least the last one inch of the antenna lead (the actual antenna part) is supposed to be vertical and clear of any metal or carbon obstructions (tuned pipes, carbon box lids, or hatches etc.).

i have for a while now and no probs... i jus glue an antena tube to the inside of the box that way the abtena is stretched out.
A couple of points:

1) - What Don said

2) - only the very end of the "antenna" wire is actually the antenna. It is the bare looking wire bit at the very end. The gray portion is simply small diameter coaxial cable that has nothing to do with the reception quality. It is only there to allow you to get the antenna itself up and out away from potentail obstructions. Even if you want to keep it in the box if you can at least get that last little bit as near vertical as you can. And be careful with the coaxial cable, it is easy to kink, and that is not a good thing to do to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of your comments. I think I will put it a couple of inches vertically outside the radio box.

Back