.15 Nitro Aggressor 23" Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re:Hull Ideas for Nitro .12 Cat

Here is pic of the hull -almost done. The only thing missing are the servo mounting blocks and cross-support for the aluminum drive tube.

Re:.15 Nitro Aggressor 23" Cat

VERY very nice work,

Can you build me one??

How is that 2.5 motor working for you?

that motor makes the 12 lb maxx do amazing things, cant imagine what it does in that light little boat.

Now does that engine turn on like all other boat engines?

that engine can do high RPMs.

VERY very nice work,

Can you build me one??

How is that 2.5 motor working for you?

that motor makes the 12 lb maxx do amazing things, cant imagine what it does in that light little boat.

Now does that engine turn on like all other boat engines?

that engine can do high RPMs.
I have no data on the TRX2.5 engine -it is new and has never been ran... That will change shortly as today is the day the engine is broken in ;D According to the Dyno test that RCCA did the TRX2.5 engine will pull strong well into the upper RPM range. I think it will be a perfect boat engine.

Tomorrow will be real test for the Nitro Aggressor 23A...

Here are more pics boat is 99% complete still missing the radio box cover, antenna mount and fuel-lines

At this stage weight is 43.5 oz

Note: The sponsons are removable so this forced me to add more material to the center hull. I expect the RTR weight to be just shy of 3 lbs. After the R&D phase I'm sure I could drop 6-8 oz. from the hull with regular epoxy construction.

Hardware is Fullers 3/16 Next Gen Hydro. I will start with an Octura X438

can you show a pic of the flywheel/collet setup? that motor comes with the SG shaft, no?

eric,

what's the black thing for?

do you have fuel under there or does it have something to do with air current?....looks almost like a rigger cowl to me, but definitly on the wrong kind of boat for that! :)

looks awesome, i bet it's gonna fly. is 43.5 with a full tank?

Joe

Clay, I included a photo of the motor setup -It's on page 3 of this thread. I'm running a Traxxas flywheel with a 5mm smooth bore flex coupled to .130 cable.

Lax, the black "thing" is what covers the gyro.

Okay -The cowl is where I hide my lead weights tucked inside of a paper towel. It looks better than lead tapped to the hull. Someday I will make a mold for a scoop-like turbine. Until that day comes I'll stick with my Rigger-cowl :'(

Finished breaking in the engine today. It sure looks fast on the shore. The TRX2.5 ran like a champ! Can't wait until tomorrow 8)

RTR with fuel the hull is a hair under 48 oz.

Lax, the black "thing" is what covers the gyro.
A GYRO?! :eek: What is that thing...a boat or an F.A.I. Pattern Plane?

Seriously though, is the gyro just for smoothing out the steering...or something else?

A GYRO??

Thats one hell of a motor for that boat, Keep us informed about it.

hi. just bouncing in a question here.

exactly what is "the 'MikeP Paper Towel' sealing method"??

Guys, the gyro thing was a joke. The cowl is just a fancy holder for prather lead weights.

The hull was designed the CG already in the frontal position so no lead is required for now.

The Octura X438 prop was too much for the engine. I kicked the strut back and it helped some. I cut the prop down with a Texas cut to 36mm lets hope this does the trick.

I will try to run it again this evening to see if the prop mods worked.

MikeP Paper towels:

This hull was sealed using this method. I think the hull gained less than 1 oz because of the use of this techniqe.

You basically paint the hull with epoxy and then clean it off with 1/2 a roll of paper towels before the epoxy sets. The wood gets water proof and you remove all the excess epoxy leaving the corners sharp and the hull light. What more could you ask for... and it's fool-proof 8)

Wipe-on... wipe off. Sounds like it something Mister Miaggi would say. :D

Show me paint the fence boat... : :)

Boat Test Report:

The Cut down X438 worked good. With the bottom of the strut even with the bottom of the spoons the boat ran good. The hull airs out nicely when you get up to speed.

The only problem is that on sharp turns water sprays from the front spoons and it gets deposited in the engine bay. After a couple of minutes the flywheel starts slinging water and the motor boggs down.

I was thinking of adding some front stumble-blocks to help keep the front from digging in.

Engine ran strong. I am running SUPER rich, on one of the last runs the engine temped at 150F when I brought it in to shore. May have to cut some fins off the head. I will leave the engine alone until I get the front pad work done and tested.

Back