.12 sized hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro27

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced mono hull available for a .12? I think the wild thing .12 would be out of my price range.

I have an OS 12 cv buggy engine I'd like to get some use out of.

Not for racing, but general fast fun running. I have no problems with building from plans as a scratch build. But having a premade hull (plastic?) would be very convienent.

Any recommendations?

try a nitro hammer it had a good write up in the boat modeler magazine.

Have you ever seen a "bad" write up in Boat Modeler mag??

Can you say revenue from advertising dollars.... <_<

Gotta watch those ABS (plastic) hulls as they do not take kindly to nitro..... :blink:

I think the nitro hammer is fiberglass. Are there any problems with running an inboard motor in an ABS boat because of the fuel?

Back in the days of runnning o/b tunnels, my first 20 size was the ABS tunnel DPS put out. Was a fun little boat, until the tank seam started leaking, ughh what sticky mess as it started melting the ABS. If a .12 size can be found in fiberglass that would be a better choice. And as for ABS cowls, well yeah they work 'cause they tend to be above everything. Don't think you'll have to worry about a cowl sitting in a puddle of fuel. Then again if you do then you must be havin' a pretty bad day....... :blink:

I am unaware that the Nitro Hammer hull is available seperately. All I am looking for is a decent hull, not a RTR. Don't need hardware or radio.

I see alot of plastic hulls (for electric), but would like something more durable. Plastic can be fuelproofed, somewhat with the right paint, but that's a lot of fuss and not durable as the plastic hull flexes and you loose the integrity of the paint adheasion.

Have you looked into Bandit boats "El Lobo” they are designed for electric, but are fiberglass hulls?

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/boats.htm

Might have potential. Maybe one that is in the 24 to 26" length. I doubt that you could race it in the mono 12 class because they are a "stepped" hull, but if you are just looking for fun running, then it wouldn't matter.

i looked at a bunch of them a while ago....the el lobos seem nicest. i dont think all of them are stepped. bby oval racer might work too, but there's the risk of using ABS like don said.

Joe

Back