12 Rigger Milling ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

Hello Guys,

My boat launches with just a drop in the water even with a 1640 with a bunch of cup. The speed seems to be just fine even in the tightest turns with no baug down at all. My only problem would be slowing slowing down for milling. It will drop off very quickley with just a touch of down throttle.

To add to this, I just added a muffler from David Preusse which I'm sure will add some back pressure but have not hit the water as yet.

My question is should this help or hinder my problem or is there another solution other than changing props. I really like this one! :lol:

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks Don ;)

"I guess I could start at the end of pit time and just go like hell" :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys,
My boat launches with just a drop in the water even with a 1640 with a bunch of cup. The speed seems to be just fine even in the tightest turns with no baug down at all. My only problem would be slowing slowing down for milling. It will drop off very quickley with just a touch of down throttle.

To add to this, I just added a muffler from David Preusse which I'm sure will add some back pressure but have not hit the water as yet.

My question is should this help or hinder my problem or is there another solution other than changing props. I really like this one! :lol:

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks Don ;)

"I guess I could start at the end of pit time and just go like hell" :lol: :lol:
Don:

Suggest that you lengthen the pipe 1/8"+.

Marty Davis

don, all my info is from .21 ob tunnels. but, reducing stingers (basically the same end result as a muffler) helped a SLIGHT amount. more smoothed some of the rough edges in pipe behavior, than changed the characteristics. i agree with marty, try pipe length first, stinger is more fine tuning. watch your head temps, they will rise with smaller stinger diameters.

One more question!

How much could the low speed mixture position have to do with any of this, if at all?

Don :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back