.12 pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

I'm working on a new series of pipes. I was thnking about a .12 sized marine pipe.

Would any of you .12 size boaters be interested in a new pipe and if so, would you prefer open nitro or muffled?

Muffled or a muffled add on would be great. If you can make it just as fast! :lol: :lol:

Anyway Andy, I'd try anything you can come up with.

Don ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean a MAC 12????? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mike

For those of you running fast with the MACS 2.5 cc pipe; what length is working best as measured from the side of the engine?

I don't have an answer for pipe length, but I will start with 2 .12 sized muffled pipes. :)

Mine seems to work pretty well at about 4-1/8" to the largest diameter measured from the side of the engine and even with the plug. Or about 8-1/8" to the tip of the stinger.

I think we need to do them all muffled Andy. Over the next couple of years we will have more and more noise restrictions. The sooner we start the sooner we can get muffled pipes as standard equipment.

Dave

Definitely muffled. I'd take 3 or 4 of them myself! Now if there was a MAC .12 to go with it.................... We can only dream. Or does Andy have something else up his sleeve?

I would say muffled for sure

I have only done a very little with the macs pipe. when I ran it on an old OS CZR I ran it long at 8 1/2" from plug to high spot on the pipe. I think it could be significantly shorter.

Muffled for sure.

Andy makes car engines too. Don't know if he makes a .12 though. If so I want one for my little boat..

Hey Andy-

You should talk to Glenn. He'd be interested to hear about your project, he's done a lot of R&D with the whole .12 pipe issue, besides, I don't know too many people with more .12 rigger/engine/pipe knowledge. Ya'll could bounce some ideas off of each other.

I can see the confusion coming now, MAC or Mac pipes. AB or CMD would be a better way to refer to them from now on. They actually wouldn't be a MAC pipe unless the CMB guys were involved.

Yes Ron, some refer to my pipes as MAC pipes which is confusing with MACS Products pipes.

My pipes are named Brown 21 Brown 45 and so forth. (silver pipes )

or AB 45 and AB 67 (black pipes)

The newest pipe I'm working on will be refered to as the Brown 21 FAT .

I'll get to work on this new Brown 12. Could be availible in about 5 weeks.

Andy,

Are you making any .12 car engines?

AndyBrown said:
Yes Ron, some refer to my pipes as MAC pipes which is confusing with MACS Products pipes.
My pipes are named Brown 21  Brown 45 and so forth. (silver pipes )

or AB 45 and AB 67  (black pipes)

The newest pipe I'm working on will be refered to as the Brown 21 FAT .

I'll get to work on this new Brown 12.  Could be availible in about 5 weeks.

88325[/snapback]

That soon? It would be so cool to have some for the Fun Run!

Andy, get hold of Gary Preusse and let him know what you're up to. I'm pretty sure that he'd like to get his hands on some.

Latest posts

Back