$10,000.00 IN PRIZES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boaters,

So what is the closest airport? MDW it is then.

I would like to fly in for a couple of days.

Maybe I will rent a Motorcycle.

Thanks Mark V.,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Boaters,

So what is the closest airport? ORD?

I would like to fly in for a couple of days.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

[/quote

Mark,

ODR is 46miles from Hobart, MDW is 31 miles. Unless you can hire a heli , you would have to drive in the latter,

with a rental, or big $ for a cab. Hope to see you there.

Mark,ODR is 46miles from Hobart, MDW is 31 miles. Unless you can hire a heli , you would have to drive in the latter,

I'm flying in as well and thought I had someone to share a rental car with but it seems that has fallen through as he cannot attend. I'll be flying in to O'Hare Wednesday evening and out Monday late morning. I wonder how bad cab fare each way would be as the rentals ain't cheap either, for 6 days they're actually more expensive than my flight. I really just need to get there and back as rides during the time in Hobart will not be an issue. :blink:

Mark,ODR is 46miles from Hobart, MDW is 31 miles. Unless you can hire a heli , you would have to drive in the latter,

I'm flying in as well and thought I had someone to share a rental car with but it seems that has fallen through as he cannot attend. I'll be flying in to O'Hare Wednesday evening and out Monday late morning. I wonder how bad cab fare each way would be as the rentals ain't cheap either, for 6 days they're actually more expensive than my flight. I really just need to get there and back as rides during the time in Hobart will not be an issue. :blink:
Don,just saw this post.Got you covered,sent you a pm.

Ron Jr

Ron Jr
Yup and THANK YOU!! It's the people and the stuff like this that makes this boatin' thing sooooo cool!! B)

I'm flying in as well and thought I had someone to share a rental car with but it seems that has fallen through as he cannot attend. I'll be flying in to O'Hare Wednesday evening and out Monday late morning. I wonder how bad cab fare each way would be as the rentals ain't cheap either, for 6 days they're actually more expensive than my flight. I really just need to get there and back as rides during the time in Hobart will not be an issue.
blink.gif

Ron Jr
Yup and THANK YOU!! It's the people and the stuff like this that makes this boatin' thing sooooo cool!!
cool.gif
and i am now disappointed don.. i was going to bring my harley in my trailer to the race to get around..and was gonna pick you up...lol

tk

I really just need to get there and back as rides during the time in Hobart will not be an issue.
blink.gif

Don, you might want to check with Midway or O'Hare to see where the shuttle bus stops are. I know they send bus service to and from the Hobart area. Last time I flew out of Midway I picked up a shuttle bus in Merrillville (next to Hobart) for $20 or so.

Bruce, a couple of quick questions. Is there going to be a concession stand onsite or should I plan on brown-bagging or hitting the closest McD's?

Also ,although I'm not racing I'd like to get some T-shirts, maybe 2 in XL and one if you have them that big in 5XL.

Mark, if you want to fly into AZO I can pick you up and give you a ride to Hobart. I'm heading down early Friday AM and returning most likely Saturday night.

If anyone at the race needs anything that you left at home, I plan on bringing a big toolbox, AC power inverter and some 110 volt tools like a soldering gun and Dremel. Maybe I'll toss in a fresh gallon of 65%.

Ron

That's nice that you are doing all that.Maybe you can bring AC with you also LOL.See you there.

Dave Roach

Ron

That's nice that you are doing all that.Maybe you can bring AC with you also LOL.See you there.

Dave Roach
with the weather this year you might not need AC but I do have nice cold AC in my SUV. :) I've seen mid-September here where it's been from T-shirt to winter coat season. I'm packing for about every kind of weather just in case.

We need name tags or something. When I went to the Gas Nat's in Celina, OH on the canopies people had their names and screen names from JRCBD hanging on sheets of paper, a great idea.

name tags on the BACK . great idea. you only can remember so many hair doos :lol: from the back side, let alone a few faces to put with the doo. throw in a hat and a thin spot and oh boy!.............. :ph34r:

There will be name tags for all so no worry.

Also the town has worked with the restaruants and there will be a canopy set up with waitresses from the different restaruants so orders can be placed and then the food will be delivered back to the canopy for pick up. If anyone has additional needs or questions please let us know so we can get them worked out. The RV's and campers will be parked on the other side of the dam on the rugby field.

Hello everyone,

I tried to post a line up but was told by the computer that I was unable to upload that kind of file. and I thought excel was so easy. any way I sent it to Mike Schindler to see if he could post it so please hang in there for a bit I will figure it out. There are some open spots and they are:

• 2 spots D-hydro
  • 2 spots E-hydro
  • 1 spot F-hydro
  • 1 spot sport 40
  • 2 spots B-sport outboard
  • 3 sport 20
  • 2 spots 1/8 scale
  • 2 open outboard
  • 3 classic thunderboat
Please let us know by Friday at [email protected] if you are interested in one of the available spots. Thanks, B&P

Hello everyone,

I tried to post a line up but was told by the computer that I was unable to upload that kind of file. and I thought excel was so easy. any way I sent it to Mike Schindler to see if he could post it so please hang in there for a bit I will figure it out. There are some open spots and they are:

• 2 spots D-hydro
  • 2 spots E-hydro
  • 1 spot F-hydro
  • 1 spot sport 40
  • 2 spots B-sport outboard
  • 3 sport 20
  • 2 spots 1/8 scale
  • 2 open outboard
  • 3 classic thunderboat
Please let us know by Friday at [email protected] if you are interested in one of the available spots. Thanks, B&P
Final Cut

I noticed I was still listed on Sport 20 class, I wanna scratch that class. Only running RTR(ch 86) & Scale(ch 67)

Latest posts

Back