1 week after first championship del worsham retires from driving??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERMINATOR

i was stunned to say the least a few minutes ago when i was on nhra .com ..del worsham 1 week after the championship run and his first in nhra and second overall "he won one in ihra funny car" decided to retire..kudos for doing it on top, but man what a impressive team and year they had.. they were fast out of the gate and just kicked everybodies butts all year..i think with kenny bernstein closing up shop after last weeks world finals ..and brandon now looking for a ride, nad the funding they bring to the table ..." not that al-anabi needs money by any stretch of therory..and i think bernstien had 2 years ft with copart"..i belive we will see either brandon bernstien or on a long shot cory mclenethan in that car next year..what do you all think?

tk

ya that sucks for sure.. i don't get it.. try and try and finally win one and call it good.. but i guess it is better than nothing at all.

why did bernstein close shops

Official statement was he and his wife wanted to enjoy life while they still had their health.

He mentioned fly fishing and golf.

Sad but understandable, Kenny is one of the best for sure!

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
ya that sucks for sure.. i don't get it.. try and try and finally win one and call it good.. but i guess it is better than nothing at all.

i think kenny's health is bad is or something...not sure and not trying to start untrue rumors.. but they had i belive 2 or 3 years left on the contract... it baffles me too.

tk

Del Worsham joins Kalitta Motorsports as crew chief of the Patron Funny Car driven by Alexis Dejoria.

Kenny is probobly done with trying to run ONE car against the super teams plus running a team is a 24/7 job. Last team to win a championship in Top Fuel with one car was Dixon driving for Snake. Snake retired saying that he just could not keep up with the mega teams or even compete with an entire country for that matter.

al-anabi is out of racing,his father(who owns the country of quatar) pulled the plug on his son's $$ because of a bad habbit his son(the skiek) has.and lets just say it comes in big quantities from miami. :rolleyes:

al-anabi is out of racing,his father(who owns the country of quatar) pulled the plug on his son's $$ because of a bad habbit his son(the skiek) has.and lets just say it comes in big quantities from miami. :rolleyes:
That explains a few things LOL... Hmmmmmm what could that stuff from Miami be? LOL Reminds me of a neighbor I had that was in the "Coffee" business down there. One day he went on a LONG vacation.. guess you can get in trouble in the "Coffee" business. Funny he always never drank the stuff, said he liked Coke.

What is going to happen to AJ, Dixon, ACE Jr. etc etc ? I always thought it was weird that the owner was hardly ever at the races..

Every time Dixon would say his name it came out as "Sheet Cow" had to rewind the broadcast and hear it again.. "Sheeet Cow" !

I won't lose any sleep if the oil rich country backed team folds! Makes it too hard on the good guys to compete. Its the same BS we hear all the time that a Toyota is an American car and not a foreign car in NASCAR, BULL @#$%.

Back