1/8th Scale Rudder and Strut hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Hi Gang...

The last time I visited Roger Newton, when he was out in his garage (always was!!) working on his U-13 Beacon Plumbing boat a couple of years ago, he showed me some hardware for it (rudder assembly) that looked REALLY scale. He told me at the time what brand it was, but I can't remember now.

Anyone have any links or recommendations for 1/8th scale hardware of this nature?

Would appreciate the information.

Have you talked to MiniCzar yet? He would probably be your best bet on this one.
I'm going to have to do that. I've driven by a couple of times, but he appears to be gone most of the time when I do.

I'll drop him an e-mail and see if he knows.

Hi Gang...

The last time I visited Roger Newton, when he was out in his garage (always was!!) working on his U-13 Beacon Plumbing boat a couple of years ago, he showed me some hardware for it (rudder assembly) that looked REALLY scale. He told me at the time what brand it was, but I can't remember now.

Anyone have any links or recommendations for 1/8th scale hardware of this nature?

By chance did he say it was from accu-tech hardware I know that Roger and Steve Gualtieri with RC Boat company were working on some things. Accu-tech makes all of Steves hardware. hope this helps. Mitch

Hi Gang...

Darin, Look on CMDI's website.

Glenn

Here is a pic of the CMDi rudder brackets. I'm unsure as to it's availability. CHEERS !!! Bob

Their was somebody up in WA that was welding up some realistic ones out of SS tubing.

normal_GB00221.jpg

Darin, I know the guy that made that bracket assembly, as well as built the boat it's mounted on. Not sure if he is interested into making them for others at this point. I'll give him a call and find out. If he will, I"ll send you contact info in a PM

Hi Gang...

Roger used Speedmaster rudders and Gary Jensen struts. You can get Gary's contact info from the RCU website. He sells the struts loaded with needle bearings or without bearings. You can get the Octura leaded teflon inserts and reducers from Rocket City Racing. I like the Reducer bushings and inserts. You have to press the inserts into the reducers in a vice and then mount the reducers in the strut. I use some Loc-Tite Stud and Bearing Mount to keep them there rock solid. It's good to take a piece of 3/16ths stub shaft and chuck it into an electric drill, lube the shaft with WD-40 and work in (lubing the shaft every few seconds) the inserts for a couple of minutes to make the stub shaft turn nice and free.

Bob Hulliger makes the scale rudder assemblies.

Latest posts

Back