1/8th scale prop for electric

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Fleury

Hey everyone,

Just trying to figure out what prop to run on my 1/8th scale hydro that is running Neu 1527 1.5y, Swordfish 240 esc and 10s2P. Any suggestions?

I have a 52mm prop that has been custom made. But I will start small and hopefully work my way up to the one I have.

i run a detouged X452/3 on my Atlas with the same motor on 10S1P for ovals. But work your way up just to be safe.

Awesome advice everyone! I have a 52mm/3 blade shaved down from Voodoo Props. I hope it works. As everyone stated, start small and work my way up. The boat is being test run this week.

Got rid of my swordfish esc. What a piece! Now going to run a Schulze 303!!!!! Trying to figure out props. Want to run my 52mm/3 blade with 3.5 (estimate) of pitch.

I've run a Swordfish 240 in my Scale didn't have have any issues. My primary controller for scale is the big ETTI 200.

Just got a new Fighter Cat 400amp to try in the scale, things a monster. I like the Fighter Cat stuff because they're PC programable!

KR does your etti spin have the navy package? not to be off topic.

Todd it seems odd to have blown a SF 240 in a lap or two. Was it timed correctly? If you blew a240 after a lap or two id check my driveline friction, connections, make sure that the motor screws arent too long. In a 2 p 10s setup whats your weight? To me something doesnt add up :huh: . An x450 shouldnt fry a sf 240 in under a min. Id also make sure you have no internal shorts on that motors windings.

Can I see what a schulze 303 looks like?

Yeah, I programmed the esc with everything that I needed to do. I have gone over everything twice before it was run and twice after I had to row out to get it. I was really bummed when it happened, but really needed an esc.

I actually got an early version of the FC HV 16s/400. Its got dual cooling blocks, one on each side of the board and twin heavy gauge leads for both battery and motor sides. Its a beast!

Yeah, I figured I would need a beast for Nats. I wanted to run a custom cut down gas prop for my 1/8th.

I am still trying to figure out what prop. I will be testing Friday night as well, and either going to run a x646/3 or an x452. I could have run a larger prop if I would have purchased a higher C rated pack

Back