1/8 scale tide boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ryan

g'day,

well over here in aus there is not exactly alot of info circulating around regarding unlimited hydros,we r lucky to see one event a month on foxtel. i was wondering if anyone had any good pictures or maybe even the names of the colours used to paint the u8 tide hydro back in 1992??? i think.... any helps good help, even if its only some background info on the boat. thanx heeps.

p.s. i was wondering what boats the public likes best, i gotta go vacationville myself.

ryan

Ryan, you may want to check out rcboat.com, They have a forum dedicated to scale hydros, and seems to be some good information on paint codes and color schemes on there.

~ James

Seem's to me that everyone like the Bud Boats.

Check out www.RCUnlimiteds.org.Local Scale website up here lots of pics and links.Check out NEWTON MARINE also.

Hope this helps

Chris

Ryan,

If you are planning on building an 1/8th scale hydro and want to race it, you should register it with the AMPBA. That way there won't be any drama's. Contact your club's secretary and they can give you the registration form.

Ian, what year is Steve's Tide boat - I'm sure there are different versions of that boat..... If it's a different year he can register it. How many Miss Bud's have you seen - I've seen 3 at one meeting that were all different years.

Tim.

Tim,

Steve's is a 93 model according to the scale boat register. I agree that there are a few Miss Buds around, but most of those actually look quite different with different paint schemes as well! I am no expert on Tide, so I could be wrong, but all the ones I have seen pictures of look the same.

Actually according to the scale register there are 3 U1 Miller American's, and I have seen two at the same race. Can be very confusing! : :)

Ian.

Yeah! ;D

But for so many of them I have never seen more than one at a time. If Mark Mills and Glenn Watkins are both coming to the Nats you will have 2 Millers again.... New Miller and Scungy Miller.... :p

Ian.

Hahahaha!

I know what you mean - scungy Miller - that cracks me up ;D

Not many scaley's entered this year which is dissapointing. The silver cup was pretty funny this year - not many of them finished any races...

Maybe the South Aussies will kick some scale boat @55. :p

Tim,

The driver of "Scungy" probably wouldn't appreciate me calling it that, but that is what it was called at Griffith a couple of years ago! :p I dont take credit for making that name up!!!

Where was the Silver Cup?

No scale boats coming from this way this year. Gruber cant fit Solo in with the other stuff on the plane! Should be a good feild over here for the next nats tho! 8)

Ian.

I saw the two side by side at Hunter Valley and it does look scungy :p

The silver cup is an Annual race we have over here as a part of the Winter Spectacular. (sometimes known as the hydro shootout)

hey,

thanks for the links, im not planning on running in 1/8 scale class as the hull is a stryker, just like the look of the tide boat. thanks for the info, how many people are coming to the nats??? starts 28th doesnt it?

Latest posts

Back