1/8 scale Griffon Stacks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniczar

Just wondering if anyone out there makes these stacks or has extras laying around that you would sell. Thanks.

I didn't think they were that much larger than Merlin stacks. You could probably use Merlin and no one would know the difference

Merlins are round on the ends while the Griffon's were rectangular as in the pic, people would notice, lol

Merlins actually had stacks in several shapes including round, rectangle and flattened cone depending on the application. If you look at the round stack, they were actually made to attach to another piece such as an exhaust pipe like was used back in the round nosed boats in the 50s and 60s. Some boats used the pipes, some didn't

Yes, Al, Larry is still around. I believe contact info is available inside the front of the NAMBA scale hull roster

I don't see why not. An autocad program, used by some one that knows what they're doing, would really be all that's needed to get the parameters set to do a 3D print. The only other question would be whether to print one piece with six pipes or do singles and glue them to the heads individually.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some 3D printed ones in 1/6 scale, wouldn't be to hard to get them printed in 1/8" scale.

Thanks guys, I just got word back from Larry. He has some plugs made up for the griffon stacks. Is looking to make the molds shortly. I am interested in the 3d printed ones as well. Thanks guys.

Back