1/8 Scale Building Jig

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Rolfe

Guys,

I a going to start to build My 86 Miss Bud and I was wondering what wood you used to build the jig t keep the hull straight. I was also wondering how tall it should be ETC. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first hydro build, not my first wooden boat. I do have a set of Roger N. plans.

Bruce

Bruce I've use'ed different types of wood to make jig's out of but the best I've found has been 1/2'' Partical Board It doesn't tend to warp as some woods do to moister and changes in temp...And is probely alot cheeper to buy... I make my jigs about 12" hight so I can mount all the hardware and have plenty of clearance underneath...Also I can inclose the bottom so I can store stuff while I working on the project and can fine them later....

1/2'' Partical Board
MDF would be a good choice because it is so much denser than regular particle board. About the same price, only a couple bucks for a small sheet.

Latest posts

Back