1/8 MissBud

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopartybob

Hi Y'all,gathered alot of info from other sites to deal with this issue,and i just wanted to hear from the good people on this site,To bring you up to speed, it's a stock 260,turnin a 2717/3 blade,strut is shimmed 3 degrees,rear wing raked 15 degrees neg.25oz. lead on the front canard,5oz. in the cowl ahead of the fuel tank, here's a vid of this weekends past run http://www.vimeo.com/605591 boat weighs in at 17lbs. (currently),to me it seems the rake is too much,and will reset it back to 5 degree's,hopin i can get this to run to it's edge...lol any input is welcome thanks....

As I told you in the other forum, reset the wing to 0 degrees and rebalance the boat slowly. If you can move any of the weight out of the rear, that would be better than adding lead. I'd start by moving the radio box up into the cockpit and moving the fuel tank to under the right side deck. That would let you remove all of the weight you have in the cockpit area and posibly some from up front. Your other "harder" option would be to move the engine forward, but with the distorted cowl, moving very far will require hacking up the cowl to make it fit around the exhaust and carb.

As I told you in the other forum, reset the wing to 0 degrees and rebalance the boat slowly. If you can move any of the weight out of the rear, that would be better than adding lead. I'd start by moving the radio box up into the cockpit and moving the fuel tank to under the right side deck. That would let you remove all of the weight you have in the cockpit area and posibly some from up front. Your other "harder" option would be to move the engine forward, but with the distorted cowl, moving very far will require hacking up the cowl to make it fit around the exhaust and carb.
I think H.J. is right- get the junk out of the trunk and the lead off the front. Have you tried a voodoo 6516/3 prop-might let the motor rpm a little better

Thanks guyz,I know HJ is right,I was just curious if anyone else had some tricks up there sleeves that have yet to be mentioned...currently,I've reset the wing to zero* degrees, am refitting a speedmaster fin, cut the header 2" to move the pipe back 1/2",(the other 1 1/2" was in the pipe <_< ),hopefully it'll come on a little sooner and stick with it in the tuns...any suggestions on rudder length....will post new vids hopefully by next weekend,thanks again guyz,

Back