1/4scale tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGilbert

I'm looking to get back into rc boating after several years away from it. I was looking for a 1/4 scale tunnel. DPI used to make one I think but I don't even know if they're still around .

If anyone knows where I can find one or knows where to get a good set of plans to build my own I would appreciate it

Thanks

I'm looking to get back into rc boating after several years away from it. I was looking for a 1/4 scale tunnel. DPI used to make one I think but I don't even know if they're still around .

If anyone knows where I can find one or knows where to get a good set of plans to build my own I would appreciate it

Thanks

There is a big one you can buy in Germany:

http://www.gundert.de/ka10.htm

Or buy the plans from the 28-30" WOF and enlarge it.

Regards Ronald.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry Dunlap has built several very impressive 1/4 scale tunnels. I wish I still had mine. He may have plans.

Lohring Miller

Jerry Dunlap has built several very impressive 1/4 scale tunnels. I wish I still had mine. He may have plans.

Lohring Miller
I have to agree with Lohring.

I just recieved a 1/4 scale tunnel from Bob Bierman,built by Mark Scott (OBNut).I'm pretty sure he uses Jerrys plans.45 3/4" long and light.

NICE BOAT! I'm like a kid on Christmas. I can't wait for all of the parts to get here.She's going to be one awesome gas boat.

Mike,

If you are asking Walt that, he's going to run a gas motor on it. I'm going to build newer models over the winter, using plans from JD's Solution. One will be stretched a bit for a gas motor, two others will be shorten'd for 11cc and 13cc motors. Then there's two others that I need to build for another tunnel buddy coming back from overseas. It's going to be a long winter :D

Do you run an outboard on that?
Hi Mike,

Yes, it's going to be an outboard.

I just recieved the boat and I'm waiting for the SPP exhaust,Lower foot and I don't have a motor yet.

But I will soon. :)

Mike,

If you are asking Walt that, he's going to run a gas motor on it. I'm going to build newer models over the winter, using plans from JD's Solution. One will be stretched a bit for a gas motor, two others will be shorten'd for 11cc and 13cc motors. Then there's two others that I need to build for another tunnel buddy coming back from overseas. It's going to be a long winter :D
You building a 1/4 Scale for Snowdog?

JD

JD
Well yes, how did you guess? :) Actually I'll be building him two Solutions.

Ob nut,

Hope to see some building pics of those 1/4 hulls

Thomas
Hope to take pics, but it is going to be a very busy building season. There will be a total of 5 big boats built, couple kneel down hydros, 37" WOF, couple of 29" WOF's, etc...

Building the Solution will be very close to how my 29"s were done: WOF Build

Hey Mark,

On the new gas boats you're building,How long are they going to be and are there going to be any bottom changes? I'm curious how this boat I have here is going to work out and how much HP it will hold.

Thanks.

Hey Mark,

On the new gas boats you're building,How long are they going to be and are there going to be any bottom changes? I'm curious how this boat I have here is going to work out and how much HP it will hold.

Thanks.
Plan on taking the gas model to 48", length of the wood I get. Might work with it to 50". A club member has another wood source, might check with him before building. Someone posted back awhile there is a company that sells thin ply in 8' lenghts. Forgot to get the site url. :( As for other changes, spoon angle will be 15 degrees instead of the 14 used on your boat. Might see if I can build a full length cowl. As with my 29", a removable water box will be built in. To copy JD's last 34" plan, center section tunnel will have a "lowered" middle section.

My Solution ran with a piped 13cc quite well. I was somewhat surprised to see the boat blow over once. Then again, it was quite windy conditions with a slight white top chop and I was heading into the wind. At 1/2 throttle I might add.

I'd suggest reinforcing the transom area if you plan on going with gas. Maybe a 1/4"x1/4" block glued to the inside sides and bottom. Only a thought. That gas puts out a bit more power and weight than a 13cc. Boat was built with West Systems epoxy.

Hi there Guys,

well I witnessed the Aussie Gas Boat run yesterday. WWOW! Not only does it look good, it also does the business! Greg's (GMORTY) Gas Drive is really a piece of work, great job mate.

Hey Greg, post some pics.

Regards

MJ

JD
Well yes, how did you guess? :) Actually I'll be building him two Solutions.

Ob nut,

Hope to see some building pics of those 1/4 hulls

Thomas
Hope to take pics, but it is going to be a very busy building season. There will be a total of 5 big boats built, couple kneel down hydros, 37" WOF, couple of 29" WOF's, etc...

Building the Solution will be very close to how my 29"s were done: WOF Build
I think I have seen his powerplant for one of those solutions , VERY NICE :)

Its about time he gets a radio in his hands !!!

B

Hey Bucky

Mate very impressively,

straight off the bat,new engine,needle set to the book,stock prop ran id say in the 50s mph.

cornered well just need to play with the radio settings a little more thats all.

Mate was pretty good :p

Back