1/4 scale V8!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats pretty awesome whats the cost of the proyect just currious ?? plus how long did it take to build ?

julian

very cool....they sound awsome..i have admired gary connely's work for years,,,its nice to see more people playing with them...the prices of an assembled one is outrageous.... connely had a viper v10 replica he was planning to manufacture till his foundry burned down taking a ton of his tooling with it... gary's engines range from like $4,500.00 to $9,000.00 depending on the options.... for those not familiar with gary connely,,,, he was the master mind behind the perry pump line....julian,,,you can buy blank castings of the components but they will need extensive machine work....its a task for sure....thing is sweet terry,,,,whats his plans for it??? shelf queen or actual use??

alden

Rudy built it from scratch, think he had a set of plans but did a lot of "add libbing" along the way, it was an on and off project over about 20 years. Pretty sure he's just gonna leave it on the stand.

I was able to chrome and grind the iron liners for him a while back, that allowed the single ringed pistons to seal much better.

Truely a work of art! :)

its awsome for sure...and i have to agree its a work of art,,,every one i have ever seen is......if you really wanna have an extended apprieciation for this art,,,,, google a man names clenn tomlinson,,,(spelling,,,think its correct) ... he had lost his wife and needed to keep his self occupied so he made a replica triangular engine,,,forget what they are called,,,its been a couple years.... if memory serves me correct it had 36 pistons....geez im gettin rusty on this stuff...gonna have to refresh my memory...lol...

i have always had a passion for these replica engines,,,and would love to take on a project like that,,,,problem is,,,, im lacking serious machines to make it possible,,,well only one...lol...(mill)...

ac

o.k,,,, i did mess up the spelling,,,, his name is clen tomlinson,,, only one N in his first name..... its a replica napier deltic engine... triangular design 18 cylinder.... if you look at his detailed drawings you will notice the cylinders each have two pistons in them.... as one comes to tdc,, the other uses it as the cylinder head,,,then vise versa... very,,very cool.... this man is a true craftsman along with your buddy terry....... here is a link so you guy's dont have to google him.... check it out....

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Tomlinson.htm

alden

amazing isnt it rudy?????? that man is super smart for sure..... lot of machining in any of these,,,but to see the deltic engine in scale is amazing.

btw.... congrats on the life of your project,,,, i admire you for your work........

alden

Last edited by a moderator:
Back