06 Year of tha Prop?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Hey Gang,

Mike Z and myself have talked this over before, Had a great conversation for bout a hour with him couple days ago. Here is my spin......

The recent change to three bladers over two is different to me cause I have NEVER ran a three blade,

So learning curves are always fun. To me the old Prather 220 texas cut was a good'n and the Octura 14xx series have always illuded me, guess that could be driving style/setup dont know, Ive tried all the popular mods. The 16xx series with some mods have been drivable/fast. My fastest prop was a ABC H4 with mods but the new powerhead I'll be running this year has me going a different direction.

So what ya all think here,

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pulling a full blade Octura 1445 pitched to 3.3" on my 21 tunnel. That's how much power the Picco outboard has.

I'm pulling a full blade Octura 1445 pitched to 3.3" on my 21 tunnel. That's how much power the Picco outboard has.
I dont know if (THE YEAR OF THE PROP) is everything. For my thought hanging a $1000.00 motor pipe lower unit combo has to be the big news. More money more ponies me and my poor K/B

RC racers are finding out what what lifesize boat racers have known for decades. More speed can be found in knowing how to build and work a prop than anywhere else. Ask any old lifesize boat racer about props made by Ron Hill, Donald Hendrich, Bob Herring and Jim Booe. These guys and their prop knowledge are responsible for more race wins and records than anybody can count. The year of the prop? More like the ongoing evolution of the prop!

Mikey, I am SOOOOO glad you said that ;)

Its Xactlly the point of my WOF 29 build up,

I will have the WHOLE boat RTR for what some put into just the outboard :D

Mark, Yes thats so true ;)

Gener B)

Hey Geneo!

I did a lot of playing with props last year on the Nemesis running a Nova Rossi. Trying to hit on a driveable combo at altitude was an eye opener. The 3 blade props have actually been the most driveable for me. I had an M440 2 blade prop on the Nemesis that was ballistic. But! The thing wouldn't turn! It would blow off or barrel roll! The 3 blade drives better. Its that extra hunk of metal in the water that keeps it planted thing. Last prop I used was a X437/3, just sharpened & balanced. I got a couple props to try when the water is less chunky. I'll get back to you in the spring.

Later!

Ed Radz

Hey Ed!

Good to hear from ya Buddy ;)

Yea the Nemesis/NR is a potent combo for sure, Let me know what cha come up with.

Geneo :D

So far seems like the props I keep hearing the most about are as follows:

1) 40x53

2) Grim Sig 1440

3) M440

4) X437/3

Hey Ed!Good to hear from ya Buddy ;)

Blow offs & Barrel rolls ? Yer driving like me now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea the Nemesis/NR is a potent combo for sure, Let me know what cha come up with.

Geneo :D

Seems like the props I keep hearing the most about are as follows:

1) 40x53

2) Grim Sig 1440

3) M440

4) X437/3
I don't think you can paint with a broad brush here. Many times we tend to think prop choice is defined by the motor alone. In reality the hull plays just as big of a role. A good example is my 40 mono. The vast majority uses an X450 but on my Speedmaster, it's the slowest prop I've ever used.

Hey Joe,

Yea, the fastest prop with my Villain/Rossi was a 1640, But it will vary with combos, setup, driver.

Guess you might say its a summary the last four I listed ;)

Gener B)

Did some edits for continunity ;)

Top picks 06,

Gener B)

Back