square/square drive systems...update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys, I will be acquiring the equipment and stock to manufacture .150 / .187 and .250 square/square drive system hardware. This will take place sometime after the new year. I will need some time to get set up, then I will be able to service this great drive system. My buddy runs a busy business and doesn't have time to market and supply systems. So...stay tuned for another update to come soon. Bob

Bob,

If I send you some regular 0.187' flex shafts that I have cut to an exact length, can you just square one end for me? I want to try a conventional bottom end at the strut with a thrust washer etc., but square at the engine. I will just use a keeper of some kind to stop the shaft from falling out. Any reason this will not work?

Can you advise where to get the engine collets? Do you sell them?

Let me know when you are ready to go with this: Bob Bonahoom [email protected]

Hi Bob,

I put a notch in the strut and installed a wheel collar on the shaft. Just leave a little space on each side of the collar. No more

Lost props. Aeromaraine sells square drive collets.

The other Bob. Happy New Year.

Guys, I have met with a local machinist to see about having engine hex nuts made as well as ferrules. The sizes I'm starting with is 1/4x28x.150 and 1/4x28x.187... Made from aircraft grade 7075 aluminum. Looks like these will be 25. - 30. Each. Price of cable TBD

Stay tuned for further info on this system.

Bob

Bob I have a Die for the 187 cable Peter made that we used to make our cables with..Don't use it any more.

wow bob...

Don't you know by now, when Senior sez "you got PM" it means answer your dam doorbell...

just like a raider fan going for the fumble after the plays been blown dead...

LOL

Guys, looks like the begining of March I will have the machinery and some stock to get started. Let me know what you might need... thanks, Bob

guys, I now have the equipment and lots of inventory to sevice double square drive systems. let me know how I can help you. Thanks, Bob

Guys, I am ready to go with this great square drive system... As a bonus for ordering a flex collet, ferrule, stub shaft, and cable, I will throw in an extra cable free! Give me a call or pm for info and ordering.

Thanks, Bob Tuttle

831-419-3050

Norm, I need more info.... For the most part I have .150 hexes and ferrules and .187 hexes and ferrules. I have lots of .150 and .187 cable. Hexes and ferrules are 20. Each and cable squared on both ends is about 10. Depending on length. Shipping is 5.80 priority mail. I do have .250 hexes and ferrules but no cable at this time. I also have stub shafts prop nuts and drive dogs. If you order the whole set up I will include a second cable free.

Thanks, Bob

Back