square/square drive systems

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Guys, I'm helping a buddy market his double square drive sysyems. Jeff Alvey is a racer in district 9. He has the capability to make .150/.187/.250 set ups. He is in Fresno and can be reached by phone. 1-559-269-7239. Give him a call and tell him what application you need and he will get you set up. You will get the cable long, fit all the hardware, establish a length, and send the cables back to be cut and squared. Its a great set up! Bob Tuttle

Pretty simple...squared engine nut...cable squared on both ends...squared ferrule set screwed to stub shaft...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a great system. It is exactly the same as the square drive system that most use except the ferrule on the stub shaft is not soldered.

I think he has a great system here.

How about cost for the components?

Not sure Marty...give Jeff a call. He doesn't play on the computer much. It is a great system and he has spent quite a bit on machining...I'm trying to get him "out there"

This syestem has been used here in Northern Cal since the 80's ..I been useing it since 84 on all of my boats and still use it today..It eazy to maintane as well.Bought my stuff from Tom Anderson. Probely Jeff bought the dies from him..Grate sthff.

Your exactly right Roy...Jeff bought the tooling from Tom. Jeff has added to it and is able to do .250 cable. Not many gas boats in the 80's

Bob

So what you are saying is that the cable will float from the engine to the stub shaft on the prop.Can you post some pictures of this system.

Dave

Dave, it does float front to back...works so well...I found some pics of my last version sport 21 which had this system...1st pic shows the ferrule set screwed to the stub shaft...the second pic shows the engine nut. I run .150 in all my 21's and have had NO issue...

Bob

must have taken the pic of the bottom with a cell phone...not too good

dou. square1.jpg

dou.square.jpg

Update, guys I met with a very knowledgable and capible machinist and expect pricing on aluminum flex couplers in the sizes 1/4x28x.187 and 1/4x28x.150 next week, as well as ferrules in the same size. I will deal with gas stuff later as well. My goal is 25.00 each for both flex and ferrule and 10.00 -15.00 for squared cable. I need feedback from you guys that don't currently run the system, as you need everything to get started. Once you have the hardware, you just order replacement cable. So Stay tuned and please take a moment and let me know if my projected prices would fit your boating budget. Remember, one saved prop makes the system pay for it's self. Thanks, Bob

Latest posts

Back