GO Tech Marine Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesso2118

Just letting you know that I have come to an agreement with the GO Engine Company to distribute their Marine engines, parts and pipes in Australia and New Zealand. They have also given me approval to supply their products to boaters in the USA, so if anybody here on International Waters needs anything just let me know. In the past I bought a number of parts from Mark Leyde and thought he did a great job making the GO products available to everyone on IW as well as the work he did making Outboard Conversions for the Novarossi and GO engines, I will do my best to try and provide a service as good as what he managed to achieve.

So, for those of you who don't know me, my name is James Kessing and I live in Sydney, Australia. I belong to the Model Boat Club of New South Wales and compete regularly in the Club's races and the Regional races up and down our East Coast. I have been a Member of our Club's Committee since 2009. I have been the Club Treasurer for the last two years.

I have been a member of IW since 2006 and while the selling thing is completely new for me, I have definitely done a lot of buying from people here and from various International Hobby shops, so if you ask around I'm sure you will find I have a good record.

I still need to confirm final costings from the factory and factor in Exchange Rates and shipping charges but it looks like I will be able to make the products available with pricing close to what Mark was able to do.

I need to start putting together an order so if anyone is after anything from the GO Factory let me know. :) :)

Regards,

James

James,

I thought Kevin Sheron was the USA Distributor? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron,

I've been in contact with Kevin over the last week or two to find out whether he was going ahead with the distribution and he advised that he would not be proceeding, hopefully, he will chime in here to let everyone know that he is supportive of me going ahead with this.

Just a bit more background, I contacted the GO Factory a few times last year on Mark Leyde's advice, to encourage them to develop an Outboard version and then, after Mark announced on here that he was giving up the GO Distribution role I contacted them again to find out if they had a distributor for Australia. Unfortunately, I got no responses from them until a few weeks ago when they advised me no one was looking after the Australian distribution and they asked me if I was interested.

Well, one thing led to another and here I am.........................

Regards,

James

Great stuff James! Can only be positive thing for racing in Australia and abroad.

See you at the Masters.

well done james thats awsome mate, great engines they are and preform well after the run in process. see you at the masters cheers jason

Good stuff James. I didn't know Kevin backed out. The GO engines look great and seem to perform great as well. I have some misc GO stuff to experiment with myself.... ;) If you hear about an outboard version let me know. Good luck.

A few people have been asking for me to post a price list for the GO Products, so here is my first attempt.

I’m starting to get an understanding of pricing, shipping & exchange rates for the GO Products (not sure about the impact of PayPal Fees yet), so following on from the approach taken previously by Mark Leyde, here are some examples for people who are happy to pay up front while I am compiling the Order.

I would like to be able to send the order to the GO Factory on March 25th, so if you are interested, send me a PM stating what you would like to buy and I will reply with your total, including shipping.

All payments must be received by March 20th, 2013 for this sale.

Pre order/pay Sale Prices ($USD):

Pro .21 5 port engine $155.00 - save $20.00

Pro .21 7 port engine $165.00 - save $20.00

Go Inboard Pipe $35.00 - save $5.00

Go Inboard Pipe Set (Pipe, Header, Coupler & Springs) $45.00 - save $10.00

20% off all other Pre order/pay items e.g. Cylinder kits, Bearings, Head buttons etc.

5 port Piston, Liner & Rod Set $65.00 (after discount)

7 port Piston, Liner & Rod Set $70.00 (after discount)

Rods $15.00 (after discount)

Head Buttons - Turbo $12.00 or Standard $10.00 (after discount)

Bearing sets $20.00 (after discount)

Shipping to the US or Canada:

• $14.00USD for less than 500g (e.g. 1 engine). If a Tracking Number is required the Shipping Cost would be $21.00USD.
  • Packages weighing 500g to 1 kg would cost $32.00USD. If a Tracking Number is required the Shipping Cost would be $38.00USD.

For those of you who are interested, I was thinking of offering an Engine Package such as:

Pro .21 7 Port Turbo Head Engine with the following included, Standard Head Button, Spare Rod, Wrist Pin & G Clips. This could probably be done for a cost of $190.00 as part of the Pre order/pay sale – saving $20.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

James

Thanks Greg, I hope we can get it off the ground with enough interest from the IW people here and the AMPBA Members in OZ.

I am actually quite excited by the possibility of the GO Glow Plugs and I have arranged for 10 of each of their colder heat range Turbo plugs to be sent to us so we can give them a trial. Hopefully, they will stand up to the rigours of boat racing and we will have a reliable source for economical Turbo plugs.

Hey James I will be in touch at some point as I need some bearings. I also was wondering about the glow plugs. Let us know how the plugs work as I would be interested in some med and hot turbos! Thanks and good luck in your new venture!!!

Robert,

I have made it very clear to the Go Factory that there are a lot of people waiting for them to develop an outboard version but at this point they have not committed to developing one. You can be sure I will be keeping the pressure on them to build one!!

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Your new venture sounds great. Thanks for taking it on. We definitely need to try hard to get GO to produce an outboard version!

Put me down for a 7 port engine, an inboard pipe set, conrod, wristpin and G-clips please.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Are you after a 7 Port Engine with a Standard Head? If so, you will qualify for the other "Special Engine Package Option" of Engine, Spare Rod, Wrist Pin & Clips for $182.

The Inboard Pipe Set (Pipe, Header, Coupler & Springs) will be $45.

Therefore, the total for your Pre order/Prepay will be $207 plus shipping (PM me your address and I will work out the best shipping price).

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Yes 7 port with standard head thanks.

Deal sounds great!

I'll be in touch soon to work out the best way to get them to me after you've got the order.

Thanks again,

Dave

David,

If you can find someone with a Technopower outboard PTO and crank, they will easily convert this engine into an outboard. We did this for a buddy of mine. It is super fast.

Robert,

I have made it very clear to the Go Factory that there are a lot of people waiting for them to develop an outboard version but at this point they have not committed to developing one. You can be sure I will be keeping the pressure on them to build one!!

Regards,

James
Mark had gave GO a complete outboard prototype about two years ago. They have it on hand today. The leg looks very simular to an OS. Keep bugging, they already have everything they need. With Marks approval.

TL

Just letting everyone know the GO Turbo Plugs arrived last week while I was away at the Caribbean Masters Race Meeting and we will be testing them out next week.

If anyone wants to order any GO Engines, Pipes or Parts and you don't want to miss out on the Pre Order/Pay Sale Price you better let me know soon. The order will be going to the GO Factory on the 25th March and payments must be with me by the 20th March to qualify for the Sale Price.

Any questions, let me know. :)

Regards,

James

Latest posts

Back