Lynx P-Spec Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Britton

Got my new (and first) FE boat finished yesterday.

Not as clean a build as JSCARPINO'S but setup was on point right off the bench. CG came in at about 7 5/8. Just about perfect.

Hearl couldn't stand it and tried to take it home with him when we left the pond yesterday. He told me this morning that he was up till 1:00AM working on a spare Lynx hull and making a list so he could have one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not as clean a build as JSCARPINO'S but setup was on point right off the bench. CG came in at about 7 5/8. Just about perfect.

Hearl couldn't stand it and tried to take it home with him when we left the pond yesterday. He told me this morning that he was up till 1:00AM working on a spare Lynx hull and making a list so he could have one.
Lord help us all- TBM Members going hi-voltage
ohmy.gif

Herbie would be proud Bill
wink.gif

Andy

Good to see some of you fuelies gettin your volts on!

Jim Slaughter

You gotta admit, FE tunnel is getting exciting. More and more people are getting behind the wheel of one. Bill, you should really give FE a try with one of your WoF Snipers. I bet that would be one excellent hull for it! Mike

All boat builds are awesome.....When you love what your doing.....Nice job Bill....

My CG is at 7 7/8".....How did yours run....I am trying mine this Sunday.

Joe

Great to see you got it together looks good OTTO's gonna have to make new stickers. Dick

Jeff, I have an x442 on it. Have not had a chance to run any others yet.

Grimmy, It runs good. Seems to be somewhere between a stock and mod.

I will be taking it to the pond this weekend for a full shakedown.

I want to thank Doug and Dick for the advice and for having the patience to take all of my calls, and to answer my questions. Culhane is only short the cooling jacket and there will be two, If Hearl will get one together, there will be enough to run at the WCRA's and D3 races.

Bill if they offer this class at the wcra races I would come for sure. I know they have an open electric class, but most of the electric guys won't come out for 1 class. I will, just because I want to race.

Ran the boat again yesterday and it seems to be running out of prop within 40-50 feet of coming out of the turns. Going back to the pond today with a few more props to try and load it up a little more. Temps after about 10 good laps were 92 on the esc, 91 on the batts, and 88 on the motor. Will prop up a little and see how quick the temps creep up.

Quick video of it's first run at Dover Park (Brandon Model Boaters Pond). Prop is an x445. I think CG still needs to come back about 1/4 inch.

Average esc temps after runs were around 100-110. Battery was around 95-105. (up a little from the x442)

Recharges were putting around 2400mah back in the packs after 9-10 lap runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0KEpqJHEhs

You gotta admit, FE tunnel is getting exciting. More and more people are getting behind the wheel of one. Bill, you should really give FE a try with one of your WoF Snipers. I bet that would be one excellent hull for it! Mike

Guys,

There are only 6 FE P Spec tunnels entered for the upcoming World OB Tunnel Championships at the end of April. Only one FE Open tunnel is entered which will be cancelled if more do not enter that class. If the FE tunnels are out there, they are not entered yet. Come on guys, if you have them come and join in the best tunnel race of the entire year.

Oh yeah. We aim to please.

We're gonna give it a good thrashing in the next few weeks. See what shakes.

Back