TS 2 Setup and Performance

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Mooers

My kids got TS2's from Santa this year. One has an older K&B, the other an OS. What is the best setup and prop for these boats? Both motors are bone stock.

Thanks,

Mike

My kids got TS2's from Santa this year. One has an older K&B, the other an OS. What is the best setup and prop for these boats? Both motors are bone stock.
Thanks,

Mike
follow the instuctions for set up and as far props X-440 p-215 1440 backcut adn pitched is the best. look for Mark Shoulund props for u on here he is a greaqt prop man and his 1440 is great for that boat. sorry Mark I know I spelled your name wrong.................Scott

Just my 2 cents , but this past year I have found that the M-440 worked the best on My TS2 with a K&B . Tryed a X 442 , prather 215 . I need to try others and the M 440 also work on my 28" WOf .

Ed

Jerry,

I think the 1440 B/C or the M-440 are both good choices for most 21 tunnel boats.

The M-440 needs a little less cup and a little reduction in size, and then it is

a very good propeller. Try the one I just sent back to you, and give us some

results please. I think your are going to like it better than the #1 propeller. :lol:

Thanks For Reading Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Jerry,
I think the 1440 B/C or the M-440 are both good choices for most 21 tunnel boats.

The M-440 needs a little less cup and a little reduction in size, and then it is

a very good propeller. Try the one I just sent back to you, and give us some

results please. I think your are going to like it better than the #1 propeller. :lol:

Thanks For Reading Fellas,

Mark Sholund
Mark I'm looking forward to testing the props you sent on E.J.'s Lynx. I'm glad I decided to scratch the gear drive on the Sport 20 because now both of my kid's boats can potentially use the same props.

I just took out the TS2 this last weekend after months of letting it sit. I currently have a 438, m440, x440(3) and a 1440 all from Mr. Sholund himself. Hands down the M440 was the fastest. The one huge area I saw that needed improvement was the lower unit on the OS. I am just about done with sharpening the skeg and leading edge of the lower. I did notice, the boat liked the larger diameter prop, that of the m440 as opposed to the 1440 and 438.

Scott

Scott,

Curious how the 1440 B/C ran? How much cup did I put in that one? It may have too much cup for your set up.

The M-440 is a really good propeller on the TS-2 and the Whiplash 21.

Scott,

You may want to try a X-442 reduced a little bit,they work well if you have a stout motor. The X-440 is just a good

basic tunnel propeller. What is hot right now is X-637's or cut down X-640's,they seem to work well on quite a few

different set ups.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott,
Curious how the 1440 B/C ran? How much cup did I put in that one? It may have too much cup for your set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Hey Mark, I will look when I get home from work. I was getting ready to contact you again for your latest suggestions on more props for the .21 outboards, both for my OS and my CMB. I was thinking of an X440(2). Ill post the cup later tonight.

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Hey Mark, I will look when I get home from work. I was getting ready to contact you again for your latest suggestions on more props for the .21 outboards, both for my OS and my CMB. I was thinking of an X440(2). Ill post the cup later tonight.

Thanks

Scott
Mark,

My M440 has 3.6" of cup and a diameter of 40.22, the 1440 B/C has 3.21" of cup and is 39.4. I will be contacting you regarding the props you recommended.

Thanks for all your help

Scott

Back