Grimracer

Fun with Tunnels

Gang,

Just to lighten the mood around here.. here is a picture of some of my tunnel boat kits.. OK.. the little Hot Shot is built and the TS was............painted for what event?

Who remembers what?

Grim

post-17-0-01773300-1510800032_thumb.jpg

post-13066-0-06382200-1510800637_thumb.jpeg

Since Im not sure where the Top Speed is from (Lol, before my time), heres a pretty cool old boat. Nelson Fordham hand built this years ago, still running an old KB 3.5!

I actually might know... is that one of the hulls used in the internats endurance race? Remember hearing stories from Dad and Jr.

Edited by Brandon Atwell

Mike

I remember all the tunnels you posted.Must be getting old.LOLI would like to find a Toms Cat tunnel.

Dave

Edited by dave roach

John Starks plans bought from Boat Modeler Magazine. Built it in 1991 I think, enlarged plans for a K&B 3.5 outboard. Original plans were for Electric. B)

post-1078-0-47630300-1510835644_thumb.jpg

The "gold" (really poop brown) is indeed from the 2000 internats in Iowa..lol

I know of no more Nemieis kits..or come to think of it.. (Big B has one.. or more.. I don't know...)

Grim

aha.. maybe.. the one I have is a 21 and has a HUGE rocker on the bottom.. its a completely useless boat for the type of racing we do in the US.. (years ago... we tried)

I understand they may have introduced a low rocker version but all the ones i have seen have the rocker as well as the one I have NIB.

Grim

I dont have a boat from the 2005 IROC race. We cut them up back when i was at Hobbico. Having said this I did race one of the motors off one of those boats for YEARS.. lol.. I raced it until it split the case..(yea.. I know.. Team OS and I get the hand me downs!)

I also have the original motor off of the "gold" boat. Its gummy but loose and needs bearings.. I pulled the mount plate off so I could setup the transom on a new boat I have. Not all of those motors made it back from the race in 2000. Some of the racers took "liberty's" with the needles.

Grim

COOL.. My bud Big has a DPI tunny that is ABS.. the old MRP boat was not to bad.. (I trashed a few of those before my move back to WI)

Yes.. I purged a few boats.. LOL.. I had one of those 12 powered belt drive POS too....Trash can.. BA BANG!

Grim

Here's me with my trusty Nemesis. This pic was taken after getting a perfect score in B sport tunnel, B mod tunnel, and B hydro a the District 4 Champs a few years back. The boat has since been retired after becoming a magnet for getting hit... hit at Badgers, Mendota, and 3 times at Hobart all in consecutive races. I figured if I wanted to hand this down a generation as a first boat I had better put her in the rafters.

post-5324-0-21262500-1510850259_thumb.jpg