Myth Busted: RC Boat in the snow

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Tom,

now you need to try another boat.

I wonder what them folks in the car passing by were thinking when they saw you.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the consistency of the snow might make a big difference. I was thinking the same thing about the car.

Consistancy of the snow I'm sure is a big factor but twin props is probably the only way to go!

Fluffy deep snow and a bigger prop?

The cat had some lift too where the rigger has none. A cat is probably the perfect hull do it with.

consistentcy of the snow definately gotta play a roll. We got about 5" of snow here in GA sofar and still coming down, so i threw my little electric mono (twin props) that i use for a retrieve boat out in it. Wouldnt move at all. But the snow isnt very soft.

why do they not have rc snowmobiles? the riggers are almost there....

someone should run with that!

edit---- nevermind! they are all over youtube. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: LOL, TOm that was a great attempt, maybe you need a CAT! LOL

SNOW is just COLD water after all>>> here is wisconsin we have Plenty of it...

I will likely try again.... no turn fin and a lot bigger prop I Rhine will help.

check this out

now I love it!! a boat that you can have fun with all year long.. Would like to see how a twin rigger would do because of the twin prop,but then again the tunnel in the cat helps in the lift.

FYI... even mono's do work in the snow. Didnt get any video, but after we got some more snow here in Georgia... i decided to try out my little electric retrieve boat again (dual prop 24" mono). It did work..but only for a short distance, and you cant just set it down and let it go. I had to have the props spinning, and give it a toss and it would go for 10-15ft. Big problem with it not going far was the props not really getting down in the snow...just paddle wheelin on top of it.

Back