Fuel Mix, Engine Timing, & Breakin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

When using 65% Wildcat fuel in a new stock 21 CMB Valvola (20 Hummingbird), should I have someone change the sleeve timing? Should I use a different glowplug? When breaking in the engine, can I use 50% or even 30% (more easily found locally)?

I found four unopened 65% Wildcat quarts that I had stored in a garage cabinet and know where I want to use them!

When using 65% Wildcat fuel in a new stock 21 CMB Valvola (20 Hummingbird), should I have someone change the sleeve timing? Should I use a different glowplug? When breaking in the engine, can I use 50% or even 30% (more easily found locally)?

I found four unopened 65% Wildcat quarts that I had stored in a garage cabinet and know where I want to use them!

leave the timing alone, run a mcoy 9 or k&b 1l,run the 65%. 21's won't run for crap on 30%. boats don't run for crap on 30%

i have to agree with steve wood throw that 30% away YES you can use 50% for break in. I used 45% to 50% and just 65% after that ok. 21engines love higher nitro content but at the same time you have to have several parts on hand just in case higher nitro more power and can sometimes wear parts faster.

Back