wrecks at madisons races...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here some p[ics that was posted on facebook by madison for vobertos damages.
Looking at these pics the boat is broken internaly. Lots of work to repair. Mike and the guys will have it fixed no doubt. Good call on their part to use the 9 and John Zimmerman as back up for the next race.

Looking at these pics the boat is broken internaly. Lots of work to repair. Mike and the guys will have it fixed no doubt. Good call on their part to use the 9 and John Zimmerman as back up for the next race.
so far on u1 there still saying steve david is driving in detroit..

so far on u1 there still saying steve david is driving in detroit..
Jon Zimmerman named to drive replacement U-1 after doctors advise Steve David to skip next weekend's race. This is from the H1 site. Steve has some broken ribs.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting, Gonna watch the vids again.....

After a few calls it is confirmed. Zimmerman will drive the 9 hull in place of Steve David. Zimmerman was called in to drive the leased Leland hull for the Schumachers last year after J-Dub hit the wall in Detroit. So unless Steve pulls rank, Jon Zimmerman is driving.

If Steve has been told by doctors to sit out Detroit due to injured ribs, I think this is where Charlie Grooms and Mike Hanson need to step in and tell him if the docs say no, you don't drive. End of story

I know Steve is a competitor and will want to race. In this case, I feel his health comes first considering he's not a 25 year old any more

If Steve has been told by doctors to sit out Detroit due to injured ribs, I think this is where Charlie Grooms and Mike Hanson need to step in and tell him if the docs say no, you don't drive. End of story

I know Steve is a competitor and will want to race. In this case, I feel his health comes first considering he's not a 25 year old any more
Don't bet on that. we know somthing most don't know..if steve wants to run he will.. last year steve told me and joe if he wins the detriot gold cup he's retiring from boat racing...He said I won alot of races and broken alot of records. The olny race he hasnt won yet is Detroit gold cup... Why you think you saw Kayle Perkins last year going around and doing test runs with the Oberto in Seattle for? There prepping her to maybe take over steves place when he does retired...formula got a girl to drive for them this year...believe me you'll start seeing more girl get into the unlimited boat racing... :D :D :D

Kayleigh Perkins isn't ready to drive the big boats and won't be for two or three more years. In fact, her unlimited light class hydroplane has been in the shop being rebuilt since it was pretty much gutted by a fire at the end of a preseason test session making her wait that much longer until she can drive again. Will she drive an unlimited? Yes, but not for a few more years.

Well thank God there's a reading and spelling test involved..........

Don't bet on that. we know somthing most don't know..if steve wants to run he will.. last year steve told me and joe if he wins the detriot gold cup he's retiring from boat racing...He said I won alot of races and broken alot of records. The olny race he hasnt won yet is Detroit gold cup... Why you think you saw Kayle Perkins last year going around and doing test runs with the Oberto in Seattle for? There prepping her to maybe take over steves place when he does retired...formula got a girl to drive for them this year...believe me you'll start seeing more girl get into the unlimited boat racing... :D :D :D

Well thank God there's a reading and spelling test involved..........

Laughing so hard it hurts...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back