wrecks at madisons races...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misshydro

man that day turned out bad. first brian perkins accidenly hit a pertrol boat when he missed a bouie and had to do a turn around. guys on the pertrol boat were hurt... second accident,this on the big race for the cup. vilwok did a illeagel lane change infont of steve david and his boat hooked left. steve hit vilwoks boat and oberto went flying...top it off madison sold there backup boat to peter and may team. joe took some pics of the aftermath of these wrecks since he was down at turn [email protected] post pics in a few mins.

100_4250 (Small).JPG

100_4269 (Small).JPG

100_4271 (Small).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Misshydro, please check your information before posting it on the web. What you stated in your post was inaccurate and misleading:

The 8806 Oberto/Madison hull was sold to the U-22 Matrix team according to http://www.h1unlimited.com/u-22-matrix-system-2/ not the U-11 Peter's & May. The U-11 team bought the boat and equipment from Seattle's U-25 team over the winter as I was personally told by the former owner, Ken Muskatel yesterday IN THE PITS.

Dave Villwock did not change lanes illegally. Per the video from the Oberto's tail mounted camera, the Qatar was giving more room than required both on the straights and through the corners. The Qatar hooked and partially spun, carrying the boat into the path of the Oberto.

As for Brian Perkins, he spun out, carrying his boat into the infield, resulting in his missing a bouy. He tried to get back onto the race course in position to not miss the bouy and ran into the rescue boat IN THE INFIELD

Misshydro, please check your information before posting it on the web. What you stated in your post was inaccurate and misleading:

The 8806 Oberto/Madison hull was sold to the U-22 Matrix team, not the U-11 Peter's & May. The U-11 team bought the boat and equipment from Seattle's U-25 team over the winter as I was personally told by the former owner, Ken Muskatel yesterday IN THE PITS.

Dave Villwock did not change lanes illegally. Per the video from the Oberto's tail mounted camera, the Qatar was giving more room than required both on the straights and through the corners. The Qatar hooked and partially spun, carrying the boat into the path of the Oberto.

As for Brian Perkins, he spun out, carrying his boat into the infield, resulting in his missing a bouy. He tried to get back onto the race course in position to not miss the bouy and ran into the rescue boat IN THE INFIELD
yes vilwok did do an ilegal lane change on steve david. that why h1 made there ruling that oberto win or other wise it wouldve went to u17 nate browns team..yes your wright on the backup hull being sold to matrix team.... i didnt hear joe correckly.

popcorn.gif

Believe what you want, Misshydro, but according to the anouncement declaring the winner, Villwock was DQ'ed for a lane violation, not a lane change. They are totally different offences.

The answer given to and released by the press-

"In the second turn of the fourth lap, the Spirit of Qatar made a severe left turn into the path of Miss Madison. David slammed head-on into Villwock's boat and went airborne, leaping over the Spirit of Qatar. Miss Madison, David's boat, went sideways but landed upright. After a considerable wait, race officials awarded the win to Miss Madison, making it the winner of the regatta for the second straight year. Because the drivers had completed more than half of the scheduled five laps, the results reverted back to the last completed lap. However, Villwock, racing in lane two, was disqualified for leaving his lane and veering into lane one."

"was disqualified for leaving his lane and veering into lane one"

now if only that happened in RC boat racing :lol: :lol:

I think we should keep the 31 year old man in a comma and his family in our thoughts and prayers instead of bickering over who went into what lane.

I think we should keep the 31 year old man in a comma and his family in our thoughts and prayers instead of bickering over who went into what lane.
Well Don what happen? you talking about the safty boat crash guys, I didnt hear what their outcome was before I left for the day.

man that day turned out bad. first brian perkins accidenly hit a pertrol boat when he missed a bouie and had to do a turn around. guys on the pertrol boat were hurt... second accident,this on the big race for the cup. vilwok did a illeagel lane change infont of steve david and his boat hooked left. steve hit vilwoks boat and oberto went flying...top it off madison sold there backup boat to peter and may team. joe took some pics of the aftermath of these wrecks since he was down at turn [email protected] post pics in a few mins.
Here is the video from the U1 in the final race.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.h1unlimited.com%2F2011%2F07%2Fonboard-video-u-1-oh-boy-oberto-final-heat%2F&h=RAQBuKptL

After seeing that video you can only think that the prop on Villwocks boat lost bite and the transom started coming around to the right causing him to get in the other lane ...IDK . He certainly had all the time in the world to take over lane one prior to that it seemed from watching the vid . Only he knows for sure ! Lucky guys both !

Well Don what happen? you talking about the safty boat crash guys, I didnt hear what their outcome was before I left for the day.
Yes the rescue boat personnel one man is clinging to life right now. The second was a women who is stable but had several broken bones. The third was released this morning after overnight observation.

Yes the rescue boat personnel one man is clinging to life right now. The second was a women who is stable but had several broken bones. The third was released this morning after overnight observation.
Rumors where flying around lastnight that he passed away. mike and joe where super bumbed out about it. mike is a 5.0 hydro owner and driver,plus he a celina firemen..joe used to be a firemen in fairview for 6 years.,,we re praying for the man and his family. Joe was down at turn 1&2 on the shoreline to snap pics of the races. Id accidently, post pics of the crash, joe and mike told me to take them down. the pic where just the two wrecked boats after firemen rescue the injured people.

The boat definetely hooked. If you watch closely, you'll see the boat bobble and soon as that happened, looked like the transom came out from around him.

You can see the boat completely sideways right here...

10mv6fr.jpg

I was there and watching the two boats in question. I have it on video but my camera is a cheapie and I was sitting at near the start finish line. I saw it as Rigged did on the video. There was no reason for the Qatar to change lanes there. He had the Oberto covered on straightway speed and was extending the lead slightly on each lap. The boat hooked hard left in the chop and slowed to a crawl. It entered lane 1 (still moving) at roughly 90 degrees into the path of the Oberto while moving slowly. It looked to me like the Oberto ran over the right rear of the Qatar. I could see the entire bottom of the Oberto before it disappeared in the spray. Someone closer or sitting on the Kentucky side may have seen it differently.

The boat definetely hooked. If you watch closely, you'll see the boat bobble and soon as that happened, looked like the transom came out from around him.

You can see the boat completely sideways right here...

10mv6fr.jpg

Back